Thursday, December 13, 2012

Watching for Grandpa’s Semi

Grandpa Dave called Wednesday afternoon and said – tell the kids to watch for Grandpa’s semi in 5 minutes!  I’ll be driving by.

So here they sat for 5 minutes!  Watching.  Waiting.  Yelling.

IMG_3927

He is here!

IMG_3928

The screaming.  The yelling.  Grandpa!

IMG_3929

Then they run for the door.

IMG_3930

I got distracted by the sun glowing off the snow.  I stuck my head out the backdoor and took this picture.

IMG_3932

Of course Mallory had to sing for Grandpa.  He listened with tears right on the edge of his eyes!

IMG_3937

And then there was Maxwell!  We were at Grandpa’s house for lunch on Sunday and Max dropped a toy puppy on his foot.  Grandpa did the oh-poor-maxwell routine and snuggled and kissed and oh-poor-maxwell’d.  Well guess what Max remembered… he pouted and went to Grandpa and said… puppy!  toe!  owie!  To which Grandpa snuggled and kissed his feet!

IMG_3943

Mallory continued to sing while Max got his feet kissed.

IMG_3944

And then the three of them ate cereal for supper and watched bugs bunny!

No comments: