We started to get ready for cutting out cookies and Uncle Adam was teaching Max naughty things – see that look on his face! Must have been something real naughty!
Then Grandma took the lead – because that dough was just way too sticky and the non-baker that I am was having a heck of a time.
She got it all better and I tried to lead again.
Mallory “pushing” out a cookie.
And Max… puuuush!
He didn’t understand the part about one at at time and made multiples in the same spot over top of each other! Time to get Grandma back in charge! She has way more patience then me. She lets Mallory help her roll out the dough.
She let Mallory get flour everywhere! Mallory had a small snow bank beneath her chair!!
We were working too fast we had to let them play with the flour until the cousins showed up.
Mallory on the start of her flour-snow-storm.
Max still thinks he is making cookies!
They are here!!
Garrett so proud of his pancake! He kept saying, Momma, I’m making you a pancake.
Then it was time for frosting! I purposely hid Max and made Grandpa entertain him. Frosting was not for Max. : ) I needed a second set of eyes to keep on Mallory as she was dumping containers of sprinkles on one cookie and trying to eat the frosting by the scoop fulls. “But I like frosting, Momma"!”
Then there is perfectionist El. She carefully and artfully decorated each cookie. She likes to dress up when she comes to Grandma’s house so she has toddler leg warmers on her arms!
We had to let go our two youngest workers as they were causing lots of trouble. So they went to play and I found them snuggling on the couch.
Shannon doesn’t like cut-out cookies so she brought stuff to make these pinwheel rice krispy treats! Once you have these you can never have a plain rice krispy treats again! Delish!
All the kids piled on Grandpa to watch a Christmas movie.
All these kids had a sleepover at Grandma & Grandpa’s too! I left pretty late (after their bedtime) so Max had a hard time with me leaving and then he bumped his head – so he really had a hard time with me leaving. I do not like leaving a crying child. But my Mom is holding him and smiles and says “good bye!” So I took that as my cue as get going! We are fine. : ) I got home to an empty house – well not empty Jesse and the dog were there… but it was so weird! We have never been at our house alone without kids – since we had kids!! Never! It was very weird. I looked in their room before I went to bed at their empty beds and I told Jesse… I don’t like it! : )
But in the morning when I got to take a shower and get ready and run to the consignment shop and wrap presents and do laundry and… I liked that! That was refreshing!
No comments:
Post a Comment