I just read on someone’s blog that the saying goes… if your baby is very active during pregnancy… you’ll have a very active baby. If your baby is not so active during pregnancy… then your baby will be a good sleeper. Uhoh!
Little Blueberry wiggled (and I’m not kidding) from 7:30am until 11pm yesterday! I totally know this is a very wonderful good healthy sign… but my goodness do you know what it feel likes to have your stomach popping around and toes poking you in the side and jabs to the ribs for that long? I tried everything to put Blueberry to sleep… I sit on a big exercise ball all day long while I work… I rocked and bounced… I rubbed my belly… I talked to her… I tried to send telepathic messages… she wasn’t having any of it!
I crawled into bed last night and I had my hand over my face and Jesse comes in and wants to know what I am doing… I’m trying to send messages to Blueberry that it is time for bed. I think I have Mini-Jesse in there and she can’t sit still like her daddy. By bedtime I kind of felt like I had been on a fishing boat out in the middle of the ocean all day long and it was rough rocky windy day out there.
So far this morning the water is much calmer. ; ) She started wiggling right away this morning but I think she must be exhausted from yesterday and she needs to catch up on her beauty sleep.
5 comments:
Lynn, I know it's tough when it's happening, but what a beautiful and fun experience! And what a healthy little gal! Ellie wiggled and wiggled, too - I wondered if I'd ever get any sleep or if my ribs would ever recover... and she's definitely an active little girl, but she does sleep well - so there is some hope. :) The only thing I found that worked to still her was swimming, so if you have an indoor pool at a gym nearby, I'd definitely suggest it. She would settle in for a nice long nap. The swimming also helped me relax my back muscles.
Telepathic messages huh? That's pretty hilarious Lynn:)
The only thing I have to say is enjoy every uncomfortable moment w/her, so soon she'll be out n about in the world. I'm kinda glad she's so active though, she sounds good and healthy:)
Soooooo, if she's not a good sleeper who are you going to call to come spend the night and get up with Blueberry?!?
You have to love that feeling. It's almost a year later and I still feel "kicks" every once in awhile. I can't wait to see you this weekend. Did your mom tell you that Keltie has two dresses to pass on to Blueberry when she's finished with them? They are both "Blueberry" brand. I hope you enjoyed looking at her pictures. I can't wait to see them all.
Lynn, I hate to tell you, but it's true what they say! Nolan was super-active and would keep me awake AND wake me up in the night with all his crazy movements. And guess what...from the moment he was born, he was the same way!! Not a great sleeper and always moving. So, get ready, girl!! :)
Post a Comment