Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Belly Status - 28 Weeks

I clearly remember when I couldn't wait until I looked pregnant. Um... looking mighty pregnant these days!

I even remember when I thought I totally looked pregnant and no one else noticed!! I can't hide anymore. The neighbor came over on Sunday to deliver the girl scout cookies I had ordered and her Dad came with her. When I stepped out the front door he took one look at me and says "Looks like I need to say congratulations!" Someone actually noticed!!

Every time I get this picture taken - I look at it I shreek... I am really that big!! The mirror in our bathroom prevents me from seeing my whole upper torso... so I never see my belly until these pictures.... and looking down at my belly... it looks big... but it looks way bigger from this side view!! Plus my belly is so low that I can seriously fit it under my desk while I work so I don't ever see it!


Ups:
~ Who turned the heat on!? I am usually the girl who is always cold, but I have been warmer lately!


~ Abs of steel!! Alright I might be pushing it on this one... I have never ever had a firm stomach/abs... this belly of mine is rock solid hard these days!! Now if I could only find a way to make it stay all nice and firm after Blueberry arrives... without exercise... me and exercise are not buddies!

~ I just need to be happy about this one because I know my time is coming... no stretch marks!! I am almost positive they are going to sneak up on me in the last few weeks of this pregnancy, so I am going to celebrate today for not having them thus far.

Downs:
~ Now that I am in my third trimester with only 3 months to go I am starting to get worried about how this child is going to getting out of me!! I was worried about it in the beginning and then I forced it out of my head and now it snuck back in. It probably started because one of our neighbors daughter's just had a baby and she was induced... baby was face up instead of face down... she had a horrible delivery... lots of nasty things happened to the mom... baby had to be pulled out with the forceps... baby is all bruised... baby was traumatised and had to be by herself after she was born!! Huh!?!? One night Jesse and I are driving home from the hardware store (our new date night location!) and out of the blue I tell Jesse... I don't want to be induced! I want this baby to come when she is good and ready! And I'll take the drugs please!! I am one girl who is not afraid of the drugs! Okay maybe a little afraid.

~ Can't. Stop. Eating. Seriously I have never ate so much in my entire life! I was talking to a girlfriend the other night on the phone and I was telling her that I could seriously eat all day long. I have to chew on gum so that I stop eating. She laughed and told me she had to do the same exact thing! Whew! I really felt like I was abnormal. Please tell me that I will stop eating like this once the baby comes?!? Please!?!


~ Belly button is starting to pop. I kind of think belly buttons are gross. And I really don't want my belly button to become an outie... but it is on the verge of doing it!!!! I can start to feel it poking it out at the top. Icky!

~ Leg cramps are still here. I got a bad one Monday morning when I woke up and I got out of bed and put my weight on it. I'm thinking that was the wrong thing to do. That leg muscle still hurts!! I have stretched it, I have massaged it, I went for a walk... I can't get the sucker to relax! I thought ice cream before bed was my cure... as I wasn't getting any. But um... that backfired one night and I got one. I still haven't tried the bar of soap... I keep forgetting.

7 comments:

Photos by Julee said...

I love the belly pics. You look awesome. Just wait till you can no longer see your feet. Good thing is - its all worth it.

The Rau's said...

I love these posts!! And blueberry will love to read these on day too.
You are CUTE!
Love ya,
Shawna

Connie said...

Don't worry about blueberries arrival, she will be so worth every minute of it and you'll be ready to do it again.... well it may take 2 years but you will.

Remember I feel yours and Shannon's pain so I'll be going through it without drugs.

Loving the belly!

Jody said...

Here's my motherly advice for you. (Take it or leave it :))

1. Stretch marks. It's amazing how fast they can disappear. I had them before I had Keltie, but you can't even see them anymore. I did get the line down the middle of my stomach and that took longer to disappear.

2. It's not so bad to be induced. I was induced and really only had to push Keltie out for about 15 minutes. It went so quickly that I did it without any drugs in my system. I asked for an epidural, but they laughed at me and told me there wasn't enough time. It wasn't bad at all and I'm a wimp.

3. I ate constantly too. Kevin even referred to me as his "little piggy." Enjoy!

Thanks for the compliments about Keltie. Can't wait for the little girls to be able to play together.

Bethany said...

Lynn, you look terrific! I'm so glad you're having fun being prego - it's such an amazing experience. You'll do just fine during the birth. Hospitals are set up to help you all the way through. I was totally freaked out about being induced and thus was forced to wait 2 extra weeks to have Ellie... afterwards I wondered what would have been worse, being induced or waiting while no longer patient. Just trust your doc, they're professionals (and your neighbor's experience is WAY out of the range of normal).

On a totally different subject - I only have 1 piano student right now because I've been TERRIBLE at advertising and Sheridan is small enough to not trust anyone who hasn't lived here for at least a year. We still haven't even picked a church yet! So, we don't really have any group of people we see or hang out with on a really regular basis. But, Ellie does great during the 1 lesson I do teach... she sits in her high chair and eats snacks or heads to her room with the mom of the student and plays.

The Smiths said...

Lynn, you look great...not huge at all!! And, just so you know, you aren't destined to have stretch marks - I never got them! I heard somewhere that they are hereditary, so if your mom and sister didn't get them...you probably won't either!!

And, I know it's hard not to freak out about the delivery. I did the same thing - didn't want to be induced. And then they had to induce me for my health and then they had to take Lauren through a C-section, which I didn't want either. Not telling you this to scare you, but to show you that once you get there, all you will care about it getting that baby out and healthy no matter what it takes! And however it happens will be fine and so worth it! But, yes, definitely go for the drugs!! :)

Natalie said...

You are SOOO CUTE!!!!! I want to see that belly in person! You're even cuter than I knew you would be :) Ummm and I think that eating so much should be in the UPs category! Enjoy it :) You won't have any trouble losing the weight. It's not as impossible as everyone makes it out to be and I haven't stepped foot in a gym since I was pregnant!

Like your other friends have said, you will make it through the delivery just fine no matter what happens. Just stay positive and know that your body and your doctors will know what to do that is the best and safest for you and the baby.

I miss you!!!!