Thursday, March 05, 2009

Foot Tracks

The other morning I opened up the curtains and I noticed strange tracks in the snow behind our house. I stared at them for awhile trying to figure out if they were human tracks or Maggy tracks. I couldn't tell. The tracks went from the neighbors yard over to our yard.

When Jesse came home last night I remembered to tell him that I saw these tracks and was a little concerned about them. By the time I told him it was too dark for him to look out the window and see, but he told me he would look at them and check them out.

Jesse takes Maggy for a walk and comes back in and says that he inspected the tracks with a flashlight and it appears that the tracks come from the neighbor-on-the-left... come into our yard... come to the basement window (where Maggy's room is)... and go over to the neighbor-on-the-right. (Isn't snow the coolest sometimes? sometimes!) My little heart starts to panic and I look at him with big eyes and ask him what in the world does he think happened??? He wasn't sure but he says, I am sure Maggy went nuts and was barking like crazy and it scared the guy onto the next neighbors. Does not help my freak out session I am in the middle of having!!

I need to back up for a second... on Sunday Jesse went to take Maggy outside and she was acting all strange and wouldn't leave Jesse's side. She was looking back into the woods and doing a light growl. Jesse couldn't see anything back there so he wasn't sure what her problem was. Then an hour later I took her outside and she did the same thing... except I patted her on the head and told her she was okay and that satisfied her and she went about and played and did her business.

So... as I am freaking out I remind Jesse of Maggy's little Sunday episode. He clearly remembers and doesn't really seem to be freaked out like me. He tells me that I need to recall the sermon we heard in church a few weeks on fear. Of course I roll my eyes and say yeah whatever - you don't have to be home alone for 6 days!!! And your not a girl!!! Now call the neighbors and see if they spotted anyone in our yard! And my eyes seriously started to get teary. We are going to blame pregnancy hormones for those!! : )

He looked at me as if I was from another planet. He wanted to know just what he was going to say to the neighbor. I said, ask them if they noticed any strange tracks in their yard and ask them if they noticed anyone in our yard! He giggles and says fine - don't question a hormonal pregnant wife! Now we totally know these neighbors and are very friendly with them. We have been to their house to play cards. She works at that liquor store... and well... we must go to the liquor store too much as she knows what kind of beer Jesse drinks, when my Dad is coming over because we buy special beer just for him. (My Dad doesn't like Jesse's crazy off the wall beer... it makes him gag.) Anyway we know these neighbors it isn't like I was making him call and talk to them for the very first time!

Thank goodness I forced him to call!!!! Neighbor Ray put a freaked out girl's heart back to normal! Jesse was explaining the tracks he saw and Ray says... oh that was the water meter reader! Relief! Oh my gosh! I could just feel the tension and fear leave my shoulders!!

Jesse also told Neighbor Ray about Maggy growling at the woods and Ray said... oh there was probably a bear out there. They have seen bear back there before. Now... I probably could of gone without that piece of information!!

1 comment:

Connie said...

I'm thinking your going to like having Maggie with you.... and you think you and her don't get along, she is a guard dog for a parinoid pregnant girl. Jesse will be surprised when your letting Maggie sleep with you and he has to sleep in blueberries room.

Funny story