Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Little Babymoon

I have been hearing that some couples go on a babymoon before the baby comes… kind of like a honeymoon.  So we went on a quick weekend getaway to Door County here in Wisconsin.  For my out-of-staters… Door County is the peninsula of Wisconsin.  It is a very hoppin place in the summer time and the winter is their off season, but that didn’t stop us.  We just wanted to get away with just the two of us and relax and take it easy.

We stayed at this little bed & breakfast place.  Now it wasn’t your usual bed & breakfast.  We didn’t have to eat breakfast with people we didn’t know.  It was just cozy and the breakfast was there for us to come get when we wanted… and it was just normal – muffins, boiled eggs, cereal, yogurt, cheese.  I’m on a huge lemon/lime kick right now and they had lemon poppy seed muffins that were to die for!  I should of ate two, but I was too embarrassed.  I was hoping they would be there again the next morning, but it was bananas!  Oh yum!  I ate it anyways and you know what – still got a leg cramp.  Now I really don’t have to eat those nasty things!  ; )  Jesse kept telling me it was an apple muffin – there was no apple about it!  I know a banana when I see one!

Here is the view from our room.  We are on the Lake Michigan side.

Hotel View

This is was our room.  It had a very rustic feel to it.

IMG_5960

Our first night there we decided to go to a fish boil.  We had never been to one.  They boil potatoes and fish (and tons of salt) in this big pot.  They throw kerosene on the fire at the end to boil the pot of water over so all the fish oils boil off.  It was quite the show.  And it wasn’t a bad meal.  Again, very rustic!  Just boiled potatoes, a couple slices of fish that you had to debone yourself!  I was kind of grossed out by that and was not very good at it.

Oh and it was not warm out!  This guy was in a t-shirt but he was also right next to a big flame of fire to keep him warm. 

Fish Boil It snowed while we were sleeping!!!  About 3”!  Ick!  But it didn’t take long for it all to melt.  It ended up being a pretty warm day and the snow was gone by the afternoon.

SnowedSaturday afternoon we decided to go to the other side of the peninsula which had a town that had lots of shops… most which were closed but enough were open to keep us entertained for the afternoon. On this side the water was still frozen.   

White Fish

I have to tell you one of the items we bought.  We bought a front door mat that says “Dog is Nuts”.  The instant we saw it we knew we had to have it.  Now I no longer have to warn everyone who comes in the front door – they had their warning before they even knocked!

That was about all we did.  Eat, sleep, eat.  Jesse said he has never taken so many naps in one day.  I love naps… so it was right up my alley! 

And my girls are telling me they are not getting enough belly pictures.  That I am making them wait too long for new pictures… so um… here you go girls…  *giggle*

IMG_5964Can’t you see it?  I’m starting to bust the buttons off that jacket!  Oh and that little man in the middle… that’s Flat Stanley again.  He came with us.

5 comments:

The Rau's said...

You took Flat on your babymoon with you? You guys are gonna be professional Flat Stanley hosts pretty soon!!
I've never heard of a babymoon and now I'm thinking that I never got one I should take some kind of a "moon"
Can't wait to see you Sunday!!

Katie said...

I LOVE that you brought Flat Stanley that cracks me up so much. I'm glad you had your babymoon, I've had a few friends I know go on them and they always have good things to say. However, ummmmmm you sitting down covered up in a coat that I can't believe you can still wear does not count as a belly picture!!!!! I'm glad to see you purdy face and Jesse's:) hahahaaha but next time don't jip me on the belly shot!

Lynn said...

Well of course we brought Flat Stanley! The guy has been stuck on my dining room chair for months with not a lot action and I can't let my little cousin down! The best part is he is very portable - we just fold him up and stuff him in our pockets! This picture I posted is kind of funny... this is where the fish boil was and I told Jesse I was going to prop Flat in the window and take his picture with the boil behind him. And our waitress came right as I was trying to snuggle him in the window. I think both our faces turned red and we couldn't spit out what we wanted to drink because she was looking at Flat and then looking at us. Finally Jesse says... have you heard of Flat Stanley? Thankgoodness she did!! Jesse says, okay good. I didn't want you to think we were crazy! LOL. Then she offered to take our picture with him.

Shawna - you can go on a justbecausemoon!! But no boys... well you can take Mike! : )

Katie - I'm sorry - but it was the only picture I had that wasn't just my head. I want to get some professional (aka..Mom) ones taken here real soon! So those will be much more fun and more creative. And I won't wear my coat!

Connie said...

Where's your belly I can't see it!! That coat your wearing fits one of my legs and if you can still button it there ain't much of a belly there. Blueberry needs to stretch her little legs out... give her some room!!

Natalie said...

Well I'm with Katie and your Mom...I can't see a belly!!! That picture doesn't count :) Again I agree with Katie though and it's nice to see a picture of you and Jesse. So glad you got to get away and relax!!