It has been a difficult Spring here in Wisconsin. Mid-April and we are still getting snow and still have snow on the ground! Maybe this means we are in for a really hot & humid summer!! Right now, that sounds wonderful!! : )
This book I am reading was talking about letting your children in on doing the household chores. Sometimes that is really hard for Moms to do – because we know that we can do it faster. : ) I am so that Mom!
Jesse is so great at letting the kids in on helping him with projects. He has amazing patience when it comes to that. I do not.
I decided to try and overcome this weakness of mine…
And have Mallory skip nap and have special time with me and plant some seeds for the garden (if we ever do get summer). She was beyond excited! She just got garden equipment for Easter so to be able to use that was even more exciting!
It took great amount of patience from me. She was making a mess. She wasn’t filling them the way I would. She wanted to do every step of the process. She was putting more then two seeds into the hole. It was driving me insane! I kept my cool though. We did it together. I learned to say who cares if 5 seeds went in a hole instead of 2… after the 4th time! : )
It was good for me. It was special for Mally.
We did this about two weeks ago and we have sprouts!!
Healthy perfect looking little baby sprouts!!
Now for that summer to get here…
No comments:
Post a Comment