Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Special Kid Picked Presents

It was my birthday last week on Wednesday.  Monday night I had to work and came home at supper time and we all ate together.  Mally looks at me and kind of has this look of she wants to tell me something but is not sure if she should tell me.  Then she finally says, “Momma we went to the store.” and she quickly looks over at Jesse.  Jesse smiles at her and says, “Yup.  We went to the hardware store didn’t we.”  She agrees with him and that is the end of it.

Tuesday morning we are walking out to the truck to go to story hour and she says, “Momma we bought you a present for your birthday.”  I say, you did!  And that I don’t want her to tell me what it is.  She should keep it a surprise until tomorrow for my birthday.

She never brought it up again.  I think she just needed to tell me she got me a present.  : )

Tuesday night Jesse gets this present and puts it in a box and puts it in the kids room so that when they wake up in the morning they can give it to me.

Wednesday morning rolls around and I’m in the living room and Mally comes running… MOMMA!  DO YOU KNOW WHAT TODAY IS?  What Mally?  ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY!!

The rule was we had to wait for Max to wake up before she could give me my presents.  Pretty soon she comes flying out to the living room again with a box and says, here is your present open it now!  I thought we were waiting for Max?  She informs me that yes, Max is awake in his crib.  Apparently the rule just meant [to her] that Max needed to be awake.  Didn’t mean that he needed to be with us, just awake in his crib. 

I get Max and we sit on Mally’s bed and open my present.  Well she was just so excited she opened it.  : )  I screamed with glee at what they had picked out for me.  They picked out my present!  No one helped them!  Well, Jesse drove them, but they picked it out!

They got me a Minney Mouse figurine for the garden.  Mally pointed out that it says “momma’s garden” on it.  This is so my kids right now in this stage of life!  They are very into Minney Mouse and Mickey Mouse.  They watch the shows.  They read the books.  They have so many Mickey & Minney toys that I could probably open up a Mickey & Minney gift shop!

They also bought me a new pen!!  Now this is totally really me!!  I’m an office supply geek!  Jesse said she wanted to get me a new notebook too, but he wouldn’t let her.  I told him, next time let her!  : )  I love new notebooks too! 

I had to get a quick picture of us with my presents – so I could forever remember that special moment with them.

IMG_4811

Max got confused and thought I said we were going to watch Mickey Mouse [when I said we were going to take a picture of Minney Mouse] so he is sitting in the chair ready to watch a show [that isn’t coming].

No comments: