Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Maxwell Turns 2!!

Yesterday was Maxwell’s birthday.  He turned TWO!  Throughout the day I would say “Happy Birthday Maxwell!!  Today is your birthday!” and he would respond with “Noooo!”  Which if you know my Max at all – that is so him!  : )

Our friends, Molly & Glenn, had called us last night at 4:30 to come over for supper.  We went.  So we had supper with them and then came home and had Max opened his presents.  When I was buckling him into carseat, when we were leaving, I told him we were going to go home and open some presents.  “Yay!”  Followed by a “what are they” was his response to that. 

Then we got home and we pulled in the garage and Jesse hadn’t even turned the truck off yet and he is yelling, momma get me out!  When I do finally get him out he says “open my presents now?”  : )  Little stinker!

The lighting was horrible.  It was late after 8, so it was getting dark.  I hate pictures with flash – so I was trying to get them without flash and well… crap pictures happened. 

IMG_4961

He was moving way too fast and way too excited!

IMG_4963

New hat!!

IMG_4964

Mallory helping him put it on. 

IMG_4966

He has some motorcross name brand on it, I think.  Jesse bought his presents this year.  ; )

IMG_4968

Opening his present from Mallory.

IMG_4972

A guitar!!  Now is that any surprise to you?  Mallory picked it out.  She wanted to get him a real guitar but we couldn’t find one.

IMG_4973

Trying his hat again while Daddy takes his guitar out of the box!

IMG_4975IMG_4977

One last present…

IMG_4980

A bike!  A bike!  *jumps up and down*

IMG_4982

It is a bike without pedals.  They have to push themselves and it teaches them balance.  Jesse found it on his dirt biking websites.

IMG_4983

I took a couple videos – however I think I will just save them for the family file.  Jesse attempts to show the kids how it works and then Max wants me to help him so Jesse takes over the video and tapes my butt instead of Max on his bike!  I think he was trying to get Max – but my butt was hogging the entire shot. 

Max loves that bike already!  It is super light – he can lift it.  So he rides it and then picks it up and carries it around.  He rode it into our bathroom to brush his teeth before bed.  Had to put the bike in the bathtub while he brushed.  Then ride it out when he was done to his room.  Picked up his bike and tossed it into Mallory’s bed.  Thought his bike was going to sleep in Mally’s bed.  I laughed so hard.  I asked him where Mallory was suppose to sleep if his bike was there and he pats on her pillow and says “right here”.  He then moved it to beside his crib so that he could still reach it while in his crib.

Jesse wanted to get him a real dirt bike for his birthday.  I am not ready for that.  So we got him the first step… this bike.

Happy Birthday Little Buddy Max!!

No comments: