Friday, December 02, 2011

Homework

It has been working out so well having Mrs. Carolyn here with the kids.  Every morning Mallory gets so excited when they walk threw the door.  Glees of “Good Morning” are yelled as soon as she hears that door open.  And that same feeling comes from Mrs. Carolyn and her girls.  The girls come running up the stairs all excited to see my kids!  After the Thanksgiving break Katherine acted like they grew up in those 4 days!  She was loving on the kids so much and needed hugs from them both!  Mrs. Carolyn was even happy to come back after the 4 days – she said it is like being on vacation when she is here.  And that just makes my heart sing to know she enjoys it so much!

Mallory is starting to do some things that are so Katherine and it makes me giggle.  The other night we were having spaghetti and Mally just wanted plain noodles, no sauce!  I said, “Oh really Katherine!”  Mally replied, “I’m not Katherine!  I’m Mallory!”  : )  Katherine likes plain noodles with no sauce!

Mally also likes to pretend to be Katherine and do homework.  Mrs. Carolyn homeschools her girls so Katherine spends some time during the day working on her school work. 

Today at lunch Katherine was taking a test at the table and Mally got a piece of paper and a pencil and sat across from her and said, “Mom how do you spell CT?”  And she asks in all seriousness and sits there looking at me waiting for me to give her an answer.  (She just made up the word CT… but Katherine must ask Mrs. Carolyn for spelling of words.)

When I came in from working today both kids were already up from their afternoon naps (usually they are still sleeping) and they were all sitting on the couch doing homework.  Mrs. Carolyn was working with Mally on something.  Max was ripping up paper – his new favorite thing.  Katherine was doing her school work.  It was so cute!  I grabbed my camera for some quick shots to remember this stage! 

IMG_1062

Except Max laid on eyes on me and started fussing and wouldn’t continue with his “homework”!  When Max sees me after me being at work – he can’t wait to get into my arms and starts fussing and I swear he says “momma” until I pick him up!  Once I pick him up he lunges at my shoulder and snuggles!

IMG_1063

Katherine working away.

IMG_1064

Maxwell and his homework.

IMG_1065

Mallory working on her homework.

IMG_1066

Every once in awhile Mally will get really lucky and scribble the letter “M” and she gets so excited because she “made a Mallory”. 

1 comment:

Connie said...

I love how you can see Max's head through his hair. Last night Mallory even stopped a bit to hold her pencil correctly, it shows that Mrs C loves them very much. Not as much as Grandma though :) Just kidding I'm so happy that there is someone with that much love taking care of my grandkids everyday.