Saturday, December 03, 2011

Max–7 Months

IMG_1067

It took me so long to do Max’s 6 month review that not much has changed now that it is time to do his 7 month overview.  Well, I shouldn’t say that.  There are some major things that have changed.

IMG_1068

Mally had to get her pillow too and get her picture taken with Max.

IMG_1070

The biggest change and the most wonderful change… He is sleeping threw the night!!!!!!!  This is huge!  I am so appreciating my full nights of sleep!  And little buddy doesn’t even wake up for a nuk!  Which is fantastic!  His Dr. told me he was not in need of those nightly feedings (which I knew… but it was the fastest way to get him [and me] back to sleep) and if we could do it we should let him cry and he would go back to sleep.  So that night, I tried it!  He cried!  And he cried!  And he screamed!  And he got so mad at me!  Now, Max and Mally share a room, which is another reason why I didn’t want to do this… because then I would have TWO kids awake in the middle of the night.  However, Mally never flinched!  She never woke up!  I don’t know how she did it.

I was very prepared for it and very relaxed – I even fell asleep a few times within the hour (yes hour) that he cried.  Then I remembered… Oh he had shots today!!  I bet he is in pain!  So I immediately got up and was just going to snuggle him.  Well that worked for about a minute and then he was mad again.  So then I was like fine, I’ll feed you and that just made him even MORE mad.  I finally did calm him down and fed him and he went back to bed.

The next night, he woke up… cried for about 20 minutes and went back to sleep all on his own.  The third night he woke up, I remember Jesse went to give him his nuk and by the time Jesse was back in bed Max had stopped and he was sleeping.  That was it!  He was sleeping threw the night after that!  I never would have imagined it would have been that easy!  Never!  And, he is sleeping a full 12 hours!!  That’s my boy!  : ) 

IMG_1071

Since we are on the sleeping subject.  He is down to two naps a day.  And he goes to bed at 7:30 with Mally and he can put himself to sleep, he goes to bed awake.

IMG_1072

I have been attempting to get him fully on bottles.  He takes a bottle without a hitch, and I was just feeling ready to switch him over.  Except this week I was noticing a fussy Max and I could not figure it out.  He was wanting me to hold him all afternoon.  Then yesterday I just nursed him instead of pumping and he was so good for the rest of the afternoon!  He sat and played and played!  I am not sure if they go hand-and-hand or not. 

IMG_1075

He can sit and play toys so good sometimes.  He likes the big oversized blocks.  He likes toys that make noise.  He likes bubbles.  He likes to chew on my rubber spatula.  He likes to pull the magnets off the fridge.  He likes to splash in the tub.

IMG_1077

I think he is still lactose intolerant.  Well kind of.  I am back on cheese and that does not effect him.  I have sneaked milk every once in awhile and that is not okay – he isn’t majorly fussy, but I would have the milk in the morning with my cereal and that night I will have trouble getting him to sleep.  I ate ice cream one night this week and I did have a fussy Max the next day… but I am not sure if it was the not nursing him or the ice cream.  Babies are so complicated some times.  ; )

IMG_1080

He doesn’t like to wear hats.  On our drive to our destination he will rip it off.  AND he will rip his socks off and chew on them, after he gets his hat off.

IMG_1086

The past couple of weeks we have experienced a completely different Max… and we love it!!

IMG_1087

Oh and he is starting to experience table food.  He likes to eat scrambled eggs with me.  I started letting him explore those little puffs that melt in their mouth.  We also started putting water in a bottle for him to drink – which he does.  He pretty much eats/drinks anything you give him.  : )  He will make faces about some flavors, but will eat it.   

IMG_1088

He is sitting up AND rolling over now!  He doesn’t roll too much though – only if he has to.  He likes to sit up – but I still put the pillow behind him, because sometimes he will forget that he needs to balance and falls over…

IMG_1089

or he gets mad/frustrated that he can’t get this hat off his head.  : )

Mally at 7 Months.

1 comment:

Connie said...

O-M-G he is so cute in G-Man's hat. These photos make me want to snuggle him again.....