Monday morning after the tree has been up – Mally wakes up early and I’m just about to get in the shower so I set her up with some Sesame Street in the living room and go downstairs to take a shower. Not 3 minutes later she is in the bathroom with me yacking about who knows what and trying to get into the lotion. (Note to future bathroom make-overs/builders… go with clear non-textured shower doors then you will see what you 2 year olds are doing!) She was in the lotion which I could see… what I couldn’t see was that she was putting GOBS of lotion in her hair! Ick! And I buy the real thick moisture rich kind of lotion! So when I get out of the shower she has lotion in her hair and I do not have time to give her a bath so I’m attempting to get lotion out of her hair and she is crying because she *hates* getting her hair combed or touched or anything.
Crash! Crash upstairs!
What was that? Max is still in bed sleeping. Mally says: I don’t know and stops crying. I apparently had said “what was that” out loud. I go upstairs to investigate because I have this horrible feeling our tree fell over. Because while I was eating breakfast I was looking at the tree and I was thinking… hmmm, it looks like the tree is leaning a bit. I need to remember to tell Jesse to look at that when he comes home tonight.
I peek upstairs and sure enough that blasted tree is laying on the floor and ornaments are everywhere! Crud!
I finish dealing with Mally and we go upstairs and she sees the tree on the ground and she goes into rescue mode and starts yappering about the tree falling over and all the broken ornaments on the floor. I make a quick attempt to pick it up – CAN NOT! It was a huge tree.
Max is awake! I get him up – get him a bottle and snuggle him in to feed himself.
I got Mally settled into the kitchen with a bowl of cereal so that I could safely clean up the broken pieces and attempt one more time to get this tree up. Oh and I sent an email to Jesse to let him know what was going on. : ) I didn’t want him feeling left out of morning drama.
We safely got the tree back up and it was still leaning so we spun it around to put the leaning side towards the wall so if it fell again the wall would catch it. Then we had to redecorate it because the back side was facing out and all the ornaments were facing the wall.
I lost Mally’s first ornament from her Grandma Mary and I lost about 4 ornaments that I got from my parents growing up. And lots of bulbs broke. Sad… but so thankful that Mally came downstairs to put lotion in her hair that morning because otherwise she would of probably been sitting where it feel!
No comments:
Post a Comment