Monday, December 12, 2011

Wreath Day & BONUS–SNOW!

 

IMAG0143

 

We have started a bit of a tradition with Jesse’s Mom and we go make our own wreaths.  It is always entertaining and very fun!  This year we can add hectic to it.  Having Miss Mally and Mad Max along… WOW!  Thank you to some very sweet baby loving assistants – they managed to keep Max happy and content while I made my wreath. 

IMG_1189

And it made it to my door the very same day!  Unlike last year when I drove around with it for about two weeks in the back of my truck.  I would remember it was back there every time I turned the corner and heard it slide around, then I would get home and forget about it again! 

After we got home from making wreaths and gave the kids big long naps… It snowed!  It was so pretty out that I left the dishes 1/2 done in the sick and we went out to play!  Auntie Steph was here and she played too!

IMG_1174

I am not sure if Mally really remembers snow from last year – but she loves it this year!  She squeals and yells as we pull her.

IMG_1176IMG_1177

Then we taught her about snow angels.

IMG_1178IMG_1179

She caught on quick and then had to do her own.  Except she kept holding her arms in the air and waving them instead of putting them in the snow.

IMG_1180

The three of us playing in the snow!

IMG_1182

I hear all the time how much Mally and I are so identical and I never see it… but I see it in this picture!  We posed the same!  Crazy!

We left Max in the garage to do boy things with Jesse and Jerry.  I peeked in and my picture didn’t turn out very well.

IMG_1184

Jesse and Mally did get the little motorcycle out and played in the snow.  Jesse thought something was going out on it so he just made the one lap around the house and brought it back and Mally was crying because she wanted more and Uncle Jerry says… drive it until it breaks.  So back out they went!  Then when they came in it stunk!  Something broke and was smelling terrible!  So does this mean that now Uncle Jerry has to come fix Mally’s little motorcycle?  Hmmm!  Smile

Sunday morning it was still kind of snowing and Max went down for his morning nap so Mally and I went back out to play some more.

IMG_1190

If you thought Maggie was crazy before… you never seen her in the snow!  My goodness!  Maggie is a snow dog!  Well kind of… she is my office partner now.  We are not good office partners.  We fight a lot.  Today I tried to make her take her lunch break and she laid there and looked at me.  I finally got her to go outside for lunch break and when break was over she couldn’t wait to get back to work… to sleep on her blanket!!

IMG_1192

I’m not sure how Mally can walk in this get-up but she does.  This weekend we went to cut down a Christmas tree and she fell and she laid there on her belly and yelled “DAD!  I fell!  Come get me!” as she laid there and kicked her legs.

IMG_1193

Our street.  It was so pretty!

IMG_1195

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I will admit the trees are beautiful but I am not at all jealous of your snow. I wish I liked it as much as you but I'm just kind of hoping the snow passes us by this year :) LOL. And Mally is always cute but her in that snowsuit is just adorable!!

Katie said...

Oh how I love your wreath and your front porch and snow and 2yr. olds making snow angels. I asked Santa this year for snow and apparantly I needed to be more specific about where I wanted that snow cause I think he gave it to you:) I asked Ben if we could go to Wisconsin for Christmas so I could have a white Christmas...I think he laughed at me.
I'll take Natalie's snow this year and she can have all this sun we're getting:)