I really like calendars and countdowns. I have a calendar on my fridge, one on my phone, one on my computer, one on my Oregon computer, one on the FreyMoto computer… oh and I have one that sits at my desk. I can never have too many. So for Christmas we have an advent calendar that hangs on our fridge and we open a little flap each morning and it has a verse for us. We have a advent book where we open up a flap and shows us a picture. AND…
I wrapped up 24 Christmas books for Mally to open each morning (or afternoon if our morning gets hectic).
I did not have 24 Christmas books – so I wrapped up some library books (she is too little – she has no idea) and borrowed some books from my Mom and from Mrs. C. Plus I did have a few to add to the mix.
Surprisingly she does really well and only opens up the one book and I can leave the rest of them sitting within her reach and she does not ask to open them or touch them!
Once she opens it – we give the paper to Max and we read her book. Max is in the loves-to-rip-paper stage.
It just snowed here this past weekend so now it put me in the mood to bust out the Christmas decorations! I am bad about that part of Christmas. Last year I drove around with my Christmas wreath in the back of my truck for about two weeks before I remembered to hang it on the front door. This year – the wreath is on the door already! And this year I bought a timer so that our odds of the tree lights actually getting turned on will be much better. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment