Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Musician in the House

Mally is way into music.  She loves to sing songs.  She loves to listen to the radio.  She loves to watch music videos.

If you are riding in the car with her and you don’t have the radio on – she will request the radio to be turned on.  Then she will probably follow it with – turn it up.  Then she will probably start requesting her favorite songs.  She also likes to tell me when she doesn’t like a song and for me to change the channel.  And if I change the channel and she likes the song she will holler… hey I like that song!

I recently found out that we have music videos on our on demand and found “Crazy Girl” and “Barefoot Blue Jean Night” which are her very favorite songs right now.  She knows these songs by the first seconds… and I’m talking seconds!  She will yell “You know this song?!”  She gets so excited when these songs come on.

Mally pretends to play the piano and drums all the time and sings songs.  When she is done she will request that you clap and cheer for her. 

The other morning I was getting ready and I found the kids in my room… well I purposely put Max in there, but Mally is usually where ever we are.  Mally was singing and playing the “drums” while Max watches, squeals, kicks, and twirls his hands.  I thought it was just precious so I sneaked and got my phone and started recording them.  It isn’t the best video because the light is coming in the window which is glaring… but it is still very fun for me.

Oh and Maggie starts barking in the video and Mally starts singing “Maggie that’s enough”.  Otherwise I have no idea what else she is saying and she talks extremely clear… one of the nursery workers at church told Grandma Mary she has the vocabulary of a 5-year old… but apparently when she makes up songs – she also makes up words.  : ) 

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Cute! Keltie also loves singing her songs. I remember one time she was singing words that I had no idea what they were. When I asked her what she was singing she said, "Grammy, that's my Spanish song. Perhaps Mally knows that same Spanish song.