Friday, December 23, 2011

Pink Eye

My first day of Christmas break… Mally woke up with a very messy case of pink eye.  We could almost see it coming, but we weren’t positive because she has been battling a cold and when she has a cold her eyes are effected too.  But this was much worse then a cold in her eyes!  It was yucky!  So I made her an appointment and it was confirmed… pink eye the day before Christmas get togethers!

IMG_1169

I don’t remember when I took this picture… but this wasn’t the worse. 

We went to fill her prescription at Target and had to wait 25 minutes so we visited Starbucks and she had her first taste of Starbucks…aka hot chocolate.  : ) 

392048_1724723494532_1731743597_950551_2067852370_n

Then I had her ride around in the cart with her hot chocolate while I did a bit of shopping and I didn’t realize she bit the cover and was spilling hot chocolate all down her jacket!  She kept saying her cup wasn’t working anymore and I just kept telling her she needed to tip it more.  Woops!  When I finally looked at her she had a huge mess!  (I had one of those mega carts with the kid addition on the front of it and it feels as if I am driving a semi in the store when I have those carts! So I was focused on not crashing and taking wide turns.)  Thank goodness for wipes!  : )

She was a rock star at letting me put drops in her eyes too!  It only took about a day and half and she her eyes were back to normal… and as of yet… Max hasn’t caught it!  : ) 

1 comment:

arturlington said...

Your post makes me laugh and long for the little "Kayli days." much love to you all! Last year, Kayli at 12 got pink eye. I went to the school nurse and she said "87% of the junior high as pink eye so it's ok". Here's to your future! Cherish the moments.
Amanda