Saturday, January 09, 2010

7 Months!

IMG_7157

I don’t know what is about this picture (above) but all I see are my Dad’s eyebrows!  And that look – I feel all Hemmer in that look.  Anyone else?

IMG_7122 At 7 months she weighs in at 17 pounds.  She is in 9 month clothing, and doesn’t know how to keep socks on!  She most definitely will not keep shoes on.  I have the cutest boots for her – but she some how kicks them off no matter how tight I strap them on.  The left one is always the first to come off.

She eats just about anything now.  The pediatrician told us we could start to introduce meat.  I have found something to do with our leftovers now!  Left over chicken breasts (lightly or not seasoned) can be pureed with some left over veggies… wha-la Mally meal!  : ) 

IMG_7125

She is very dedicated to working on her abs!  When you lay her on the floor she instantly goes to work on her abs!  Now if I was only that dedicated!  ; )  She seriously holds her head up like this (above).  Most of the time her feet are in the air as well!  I’m telling you I could have rock solid abs if I did this as much as she did.

 IMG_7131

No signs of crawling just yet.  Her Auntie Steph bought her this butterfly (above) for Christmas.  It is suppose to encourage crawling.  It rolls around on the ground, flaps it wings, and giggles.  Except as soon as Mally gets a hold of it she sucks on the eyeball!  Or she holds onto the wings and won’t let them flap.

She’s been swimming!  We have a membership to the gym/pool at the high school and they have a huge pool.  We took her swimming and I think she liked it, as in she didn’t cry.  No dunking here for this Mom!  I don’t like it one bit when they dunk babies under water!  Freaks me out! 

IMG_7132She plays pick-a-boo.  She can stand by holding onto your fingers.  Now she doesn’t want to sit – she wants to stand all the time.  She loves to jump in her jumper.  She is also very wiggly when you hold her.

She is no longer sleeping thru the night anymore!  This whole week I had to get up and feed her.  I’m not a fan.  You can’t sleep all night long for 6 months and spoil me and then decide your hungry and need a snack!  But all I have to do is give her a bottle and she’ll go right back to sleep.  We have no idea why she is doing this all of sudden.  If she is just having a major growth spurt or if teeth are coming.  (I’m very afraid of teeth – I’ve heard too many horror stories of babies getting there teeth.)  She is also up early too.  I want my baby who sleeps back!  If you are thinking she must take naps since she isn’t getting a good nights sleep… hahaahaa… no.  : )  She is happy during the day for not getting a whole lot of sleep, which is a great perk!

4 comments:

jules said...

Love her little rolls on her arms! She sure looks like you!

Connie said...

She is way to cute and yes I can see your dad in the first photo, not sure if it's the eyebrows but it's a Hemmer look.

She has 7 rolls on one little arm....

Photos by Julee said...

I could totally see your dad in that first photo and even on a couple of the other ones. Such a cutie.

Melinda said...

She's so roly-poly adorable!