We have been wanting to reside our house since before we even signed the closing papers. Other projects just kept getting in front of it – and then we thought we would do it this fall and we looked into and then decided to hold off. However, we really couldn’t hold off on the roof – so we re-shingled. After the new shingles were on it was hard to leave the old siding on.
Here is what it looked like before – this is a picture that the realtor took.
It does not show all the weeds that were in the front side. And this next picture kind of does.
Here is what it most recently looked like.
And since we were getting new siding – why not add on a front entrance and replace the door.
It bothered Jesse that I left the garage door open in my picture. I am usually a very Type A personality – but for some reason that door didn’t bother me… but now it does.
I found inspiration for the look on pinterest!
The reason the wood doesn’t go all the way to the bottom is because we will be putting a stone pillar wrap there.
Here it is at night.
Now the house was looking good and our back patio was half patio half swimming pool… remember…
Jesse needed to get that patio fixed (before snow flies) so that we didn’t have major issues this coming spring. We found a guy who was willing to fix it for us with the exception that Jesse had to tear it all out. And he did. He lugged each and every piece out and pressure washed it – all by himself! It is all level now and will not flood anymore! It was like a puzzle for the landscaper to get it all back in there the way we had it and so that he didn’t need anymore blocks, because we didn’t have any more.
It looks so so so so much better!! It will get a varnish/sealant which will darken up these stones and give it a whole new look – an even better look.
This what our back yard looked like most of the summer as we attempted to grow grass.
And now. (Still working on that growing grass part.)
This is the end of updates… for 2011. I’m sure next spring will bring a whole new round of updates/makeovers/improvements. One improvement leads into about ten more.
3 comments:
It looks wonderful!! What happend to your air conditioner? The thing that was above the front door? Love the enterance :)
I still wonder, why do the boys get their very large sheds/man shops before other house work?
Love, Love, Love! Holy Cow I freakin Love!!!!!!! You guys are making such amazing improvements on your house. I always thought the front needed a little something and boy oh boy did the Frey's deliver some serious pizzaz! I wonder where you get all these ideas to improve your house?????? Hmmmm I don't want to name names but Connie Hemmer??? Heheheheheeeee.
Post a Comment