Monday, November 28, 2011

Is that a frickin door?

I forgot to write down this story when I posted our new house updates and I don’t want to forget it.

The day our front door got replaced I came in for lunch and the door was replaced that morning.  Mally & Mrs. Carolyn were downstairs having Rhyme Time so Mally didn’t hear me come in.  When she finally heard me she came flying upstairs and she stops at the top of the stairs and she says “Hey Mom!  Is that a frickin door?”  I’m shocked.  I freeze.  I can’t move.  I just stare at her.  “Mom!  Is that a frickin door?”  Is she saying what I think she is saying?  Mrs. C middle daughter was there that day and she was upstairs with me and I looked at her and she looked back at me and she throws her hands in the air in surrender mode and says “I don’t swear.  We don’t swear.  I don’t know where she got that from.”  So she is saying what I think she is saying. 

“No Mally.  That is a front door.” 

“Nooo Mom!  That is a frickin door!”

Note to self – stop saying the words frickin and freakin!  And here I thought her first swear word would be from Jesse!

Then my sister comes over and she says “I like the frickin door.”

I told her the story – so she did it on purpose!  Sheesh.

No comments: