Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Little Bike

IMG_1053

Dads play completely different then Moms.  My quality time with Mally is reading books, hide and seek, signing songs, playing with toys, etc.  Jesse’s quality time with Mally is chasing/running after her around the loop in our house.  Mally screams with glee yelling “chase me!”  Then he catches her hangs her upside down by her feet and swing her like a pendulum for awhile and drops her on the couch.  The entire time she is in fits of giggles.  She gets up off the couch and says “how about chase me?”  and takes off running and they do it all over again.  Another activity they do is Jesse will pick her up and let her hang onto the beam that runs down the center of ceiling.

IMG_1054

Just the other day Jesse got his little bike running again and now they ride this bike around the yard!  Oh she loves it!!  Jesse says she is either signing or talking the whole time – he can’t hear her to know what she is signing/saying.

IMG_1056

The dog is not a fan of this little bike.  She barks a lot while they are riding.

IMG_1057

And yes, Jesse does prefer to ride in work clothes best.  ; )  Somewhere around here we have a picture (from when we were dating) of him on his dirt bike jumping over a truck… in his church clothes!  We stopped at his buddy’s house after church one Sunday and his buddy had a dirt bike track behind his house and they were attempting some tricks.  Well Mr. Jesse needed to impress me, I think, and threw on his helmet and jumped over this truck!  Must of worked, because here we are… married!

IMG_1058

I bought Mally her first pair of snow boots!  (I couldn’t get her feet into boots last year.)  She refused to wear them until I called them her motorcycle boots… now she will wear them.  She also calls the zip-up sweatshirt she is wearing her “a-b-c-d-e jacket”.  It says Old Navy across the front.  She doesn’t like to wear her real jackets and if I try to put them on her she says, “I want to wear my a-b-c-d-e jacket.”

IMG_1059_crop

Jesse thinks that Mally will be ready for her first dirt bike this summer.  He says you just put training wheels on them when they are starting out.  And when we moved here to the house, two houses down, their little guy was riding a dirt bike with training wheels.  I remember them telling me he was 3… and Mally will be 3.  I’m not going to win this battle.

IMG_1061

They do have calmer, safer activities that they do together.  She thinks it is very fun to ride along with Jesse on his errands – in the Jeep!  We don’t ever take the Jeep when we go places as a family – but hopefully next summer when Max is bigger we can.  So going for a ride in the Jeep is loads of excitement for her.  They also like to watch Bug Bunny together.

Something about a Dad and his little girl!  So special!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love these 2. 2 peas in a pod right from the start and its so fun to see:)