Thursday, November 03, 2011

Pumpkin Patch to Trick or Treat

A few weeks ago Auntie Steph and Uncle Jerry came to stay with us.  The guys were working on guy stuff… so Steph and I decided that we would take the kids and go find a pumpkin patch.

IMG_0968

Mally looked and looked for the perfect pumpkin.  She liked the little ones.

IMG_0970

Auntie Steph tried to see if Max wanted a pumpkin too.

IMG_0972

Yes please!  Max was very interested in the little pumpkin.

IMG_0973

Mallory kicked Auntie Steph’s butt in a game of tic-tac-toe!!  As you can see Steph was in shock!  : ) 

IMG_0974

IMG_0975

Then we decided we would go in the corn maze.  It was going to be fun, right?  A two year old and a 5 month old!  What doesn’t sound fun about that? 

When I go pay they had free popcorn… so I grabbed a bag.  What if we get lost – we might need a snack!  Well Mallory loved the popcorn, I think it was her first time having popcorn (we don’t eat it much here) and she was not focusing on anything else but getting more popcorn into her mouth.

Throughout the maze we needed to look for punches and punch our card.  If we got so many we got a free pumpkin, or something, I can’t even remember now.  We were on a roll – we were finding our punches we were making our way threw the maze easy-peasy!  Max on the other hand is now in the moby wrap with me and Mallory is riding in the stroller in Max’s carseat.  She wants to eat more popcorn! 

Then we got to the middle… or so I assume it was the middle.  It was all open and they had tables and games set up.  Everything seemed to go downhill from here.  Max started getting tired or hungry, I am not sure which.  He kept spitting his nuk out and I didn’t have attached to him… so I had a mega fear of losing his nuk in the maze… and I only have one for him!  Mallory was getting kind of restless and we were running out of things to entertain with.  We had an abundance of corn to husk… but that didn’t last too long.  And we were starting to make circles!  We were getting lost!  And I mean lost!  We could not figure out how to get out of that maze!  We ran into a guy who was using the GPS on his phone and he told us how to get out… but um… it didn’t work!

Circling.  Circling.  More Circling.  We start cheating and ramming the stroller threw the corn and making new trails.  Hey, it is a Jeep stroller –they can go anywhere! 

Max is getting more restless and starting to lose control as is Mallory.  I’m starting to feel trapped and claustrophobic and just want out already! 

Oh and guess what… MALLY HAS TO GO POTTY!

We decide since we can’t find the exit lets go back to the entrance.  After a while we finally make our way out the entrance!  Whew!  I wanted to go to the end and go in the end to see where it went… but we completely forgot.

After we get out and we are organizing kids someone is going in the maze and they ask us how long it takes?  We laughed, really hard actually, and said… bring snacks and drinks but be warned they will have to go potty and you won’t find your way out that you’ll come back out the entrance!!!!  Honestly I have no idea how long we were in there, but it was long enough that the next day my body was so sore and I couldn’t figure out why until I realized I was carrying Max the entire time!!  So we were lost a loooong time!

We took a picture on my cell phone and sent it back to the guys to tell them to come find us.

IMAG0112[1] (2)

Except they were smiling in the first picture and didn’t look stressed, so I made them do it again.  : )

IMAG0113[1] (2)

The guys didn’t come to help us.  : )  They told me to turn on my GPS on my phone… however I was trying and it wasn’t working.

Pumpkin Carving

Mallory and I got to carve pumpkins one afternoon when Max was feeling better.  She is was in a much needed Mommy-Mally time after Max got better.  Max was being a Mommy hog!  So during Max’s nap we carved away.

She did not want to stick her hand in there!  She wouldn’t touch it!  Then I gave her the little scoop and she went right in.  The girl likes shovels!

IMG_0977

Now she is having fun!

IMG_0981

After she scooped the guts out and I was picking out the seeds to roast, she decided to fill it back up!  Then while I was carving out the picture she picked, she took the hat (the top of the pumpkin) and went in the living room and put it with her dolls and read books to them!

The final pumpkin!

IMG_0983IMG_0986

Checking out her pumpkin with a candle in it!

IMG_0990

Yes, Sweetie Pie and Goofy had to come too!

IMG_0991

I have been trying to drop subtle hints about needing a new camera and these two pictures are proof!!

IMG_0994

I had to turn the flash on – and then it doesn’t look dark.

IMG_0995

The pumpkin didn’t last long – Maggie found it and thought it was a special treat we left just for her!  She ate the top of it!  Ate it!  Didn’t realize dogs like pumpkin.

Trick or Treating

Mallory would not wear her costume.  I tried a couple times and it was usually her running away from me.  When Mrs. C and K were here they were asking what Mallory was going to be and I showed them her costume.  K attempted to put it on… didn’t fit her.  : )  She was trying to show Mally not to be afraid of it.  A little while later I see them coming to the shop office with Mally in her costume!  I grabbed my phone and quick took a picture, I figured it was going to be the only time I would see her in it.

IMAG0119[1] (2)

It was nap time – which is why she has the sleepy zoning look.

IMAG0120[1] (2)

I was right.  This was the only time she wore it.  Maybe next year Max will wear it.  : )

I didn’t even think to take Mallory trick or treating.  Mostly because I’m not into it, it feels strange to me.  I was more excited to be at home during Halloween and actually being able to hand out candy!  On Halloween day Jesse came home on lunch and said that he heard our street gets hit the hardest so we better be prepared.  They were talking like 200 kids.  So I had K and Mally count how much candy I had and I only had 75 pieces… missing 5 pieces… oops… I bought the candy I like.  Don’t do that!  Don’t buy candy you like because you eat it!  So off to the Dollar Store after work… to which Mally peed her pants in her carseat on the way there and I didn’t know!  Mally hasn’t had an accident in over a month so I never thought about it – I just packed the kids in the truck and off I went.  I had to get a paintbrush from the hardware store first and I get Max out, come over to her side and get Mally out and we are walking down the sidewalk to the hardware store and I look behind me to see where Miss Pokey is and she is waddling doing the I-peed-in-my-pants-walk!!  WHAT!

So I stopped and I thought.  Hm… do I take her back to the truck and leave the kids in the car while I run in quick.  The paint brushes are right in the front – I know which one I want – it will take me at the most 3 minutes to get it and get back out to the truck.  OR, do I just have her go in the store waddling with pee pants?  At this point I am laughing because she is still waddling towards me and we had to bring Goofy with us… so she is carrying Goofy too.  I took her in the store and could not stop giggling at her!  She seriously waddled the entire time! 

I did take her back home to change clothes before we went to the Dollar Store.  Good thing we live in town because I don’t bring a change of clothes with me anymore for her.

I got two more bags of candy and now I had a heaping huge bowl of candy.  Trick or treaters wasted no time – there were here before supper was even over!  I could not believe the kids!  There were so many!  Running here and running there!  Screaming with glee and sugar highs! 

I think I figured out why our street is so popular – Neighbor Judy gives out soda and chips!!  : )  Anyway she had a count of kids based on her stock of soda and chips and she had enough for 150 and she ran out with 30 minutes left.  We were yelling back and forth to each other!  Smile  And she came over for a split second during a slow period when I ran out of candy and she had to dart back to her house because another slew of spooks were coming!

I think I can say that Mallory had a blast handing out candy!  She was really getting into it at the end.  When kids would come she would have to get into her position… sitting on the blanket on the step next to our bowl of candy. (There were so many kids that we just sat outside on the front step the whole time.)  She couldn’t do it standing – she had to sit and she would make the kids wait until she was sitting in the perfect spot.  Because she would sit and then she would have scoot over to her bowl of candy.  A few kids got impatient with her and helped themselves! 

It was a lot of fun and I think Mallory may take after me and rather hand out candy then go trick or treating herself! 

No comments: