Monday, August 29, 2011

Swimming at the Lake

I have so many pictures so I’m going to break these posts up a bit.  I don’t want you to feel like I am that crazy lady who went on vacation and now I am making you look at all my pictures… well maybe I am that crazy lady… oops…

We left our house at 7am and didn’t get to the cabin until 5pm (lost an hour).  The kids were rock stars!  They traveled so well and no one had any meltdowns!

When we got here Mally found the water immediately!

IMG_0549

She wasn’t afraid to splash in it at all.  It wasn’t too cold for her either.

IMG_0550

She loved to scoop up the water on the shovel and let it fall back into the lake.

IMG_0551IMG_0556

If she wasn’t scooping water – she was walking back and fourth along the edge.

IMG_0554

Max and Jesse watching Mally play in the water.

IMG_0559

The next day she wanted to go to the “pond” again.

IMG_0576

She squealed and squealed when Maggie would go fetch the frisbee. 

IMG_0578

Jesse took her for a walk around the edge of the lake.

IMG_0584

Why is she always wearing her clothes?  Phish.  I don’t know.  Its vacation.  Things like that escape my relaxed brain.  : ) 

IMG_0586

IMG_0587

I knew they wouldn’t make it far before he would have to carry her.  And don’t think you are going without Maggie! 

IMG_0589

Ah!  The girl found her swimsuit!  :)

IMG_0595

Mally and Jesse made a sandcastle.

IMG_0597

I think she really wanted to squash it.

IMG_0598

IMG_0600

Towards the end of our trip she was getting braver and braver with the water.  She was laying in it on her belly and sitting and kicking. 

Jesse attempted to take her out deeper swimming with her life jacket… however he got out there a bit and he took a step and sunk in about two feet of mud!  The bottom was a mud pit!  It is not a swimming lake.

All and all Mally loved the lake!  Oh and Maggie too!  She was wet from the moment we got here to the moment we left.

No comments: