Saturday, August 27, 2011

My Little Assistant

My garden is getting out of control.  My garden is getting so out of control.  Tomatoes.  Green Peppers.  Jalapenos.  Oh my.

I decided I needed my little niece El to come spend a few days with me so she could play with Mallory so I could get some work done.

I picked El up Thursday night and we got home very late so it was straight to bed, which she wasn’t so fond of. 

I got all the kids up bright and early Friday morning because we were going garage saling before I had to go to work.  I figured this is perfect since I have El with me… she can entertain the kids in the truck while I hop out and explore the garage sales real quick.  It worked for the first stop.  The next stop, they all wanted to get out.  So I let them and it was a gross stop.  I was so hoping that no one would touch anything.  We made a loop and then came right back to the truck.  Then we went downtown and saw that the school was selling a ton of school stuff!  I flipped the truck and around went back to check it out.  See, we are turning our basement into a school room because our nanny is going to homeschool her girls, and she is going to teach some preschool things to Mally.

Here it was the Math league selling old school stuff (desks, chalk boards, bulletin boards, chairs, cabinets, etc.) and it was just on donation basis.  You offer a fair and reasonable price!

They only had one little desk, so I didn’t get that… I didn’t want the girls fighting over it.  Then I spotted a square table – not too big and not too small.  Perfect!  I’ll take it!  Then I needed four chairs – I got one in every color.  Then I found an old wooden locker that they painted and turned into a file cabinet.  Perfect!  Then I got an ice cream bucket full of these shapes that have something or another to do with math.  I’m kind of a math geek, so I got them too.  Oh and I got some little chalk boards to write on to practice writing your letters.  I got all of that for… $25!!!  I think I did a little jig right there in the parking lot!  I came running back to the truck telling El all about it – she was so kind and played right along with me.  But then she no longer wanted to go to her school she wanted to come to my school.  Hahaha!

After I was done with work on Friday afternoon I had to spend some quality time with the girls and Max… so that I could eventually sneak away and work on my garden.

Elly and I set up the basement (which she loved doing) and then we played with the little shapes.  Apparently she has these at school too and she was showing us how to make all kinds of things.

IMG_0520

Mally got bored with the shapes and started being our personal chef and bringing us all kinds of play food.

IMG_0521

Then El wanted to start posing. 

IMG_0524

I wanted El and Mally to put their backs together so I could take a pictures – but Mal could not understand and she didn’t have the patience for it.  So we set the self timer and played.

IMG_0526_edit01

Sorry it was no make-up Friday that day.  Oh and I had just got my haircut the night before and chopped off all my hair!  *eek!*

IMG_0528_edit01

Okay.  So we got a bit carried away

IMG_0531_edit01

Then Mally finally decided we were having too much fun and she wanted to play along.

IMG_0532_edit01

 

IMG_0533_edit01

Where’s Max during all this girly stuff?  Hanging out on his play mat enjoying a little nuk time! 

IMG_0534

Here is the table and chairs.

IMG_0537

Here is the file cabinet.

IMG_0540

Then the next day we put Max down for a nap and headed to the garden.  The girls loved that!  Except they wanted to pick everything – whether it was ripe or not. 

Then we had to wash it all… and then Mally fell or something and she was done and only wanted me to hold her.  So El ended up scrubbing and cleaning all the produce.  Which she loved too.  This girl loves to work!! 

IMG_0543

Here is everything!

IMG_0547

Then we had to put Mally down for a nap so we could get some stuff done.  : ) 

El and I froze broccoli, canned some jalapenos and froze some green peppers. 

She was a great helper and I am ready for her to move in.  : )

1 comment:

Katie said...

First off your hair looks awesome, I love it! And you and El are just way too cute and I think she should move in and attend your school:)
You scored at that school, WOW! I love the stuff you got.