This past Friday Jesse had a sales meeting in Minnesota so the kids and I tagged along and made a couple days out of it. I have been wanting to take Mallory to a zoo – she is kind of an animal lover, unlike me. : ) We were going to be near the zoo on his sales call.
The week before I had our nanny get tons of library books about animals. And we read about animals, animals, animals and more animals!
And we talked about animals, animals, animals and more animals. One night we were coming back from my parents house and we talked the whole way home (45+ minutes) about what kind of animals we might see at the zoo!
Every time she would say “See pigs at the zoo?!!” Then she would say “um, what else at the zoo?” She would get more and more excited with each animal. I tried to video tape it but every time I would bust out the camera she would come running to watch it before I even taped it.
We spent the night in a hotel before we went. Mally really wanted to go swimming – however it was already kind of late and Jesse had to get up for his sales meeting so we all went to bed. Oh joy! Mally is a tough one to get to sleep when out of her routine. We all had to listen to Violet (her singing dog that plays sleepy music for 10 minutes). Then Violet shut off – she turned him on again for another 10 minutes. Then Mallory started singing herself. Jesse and I were trying so hard not to laugh out loud at her. Finally she sang herself to sleep!
She got to sleep in a BIG bed all by herself! She is such a wiggly sleeper that we had to build a pillow nest for her so she wouldn’t fall out.
We brought Max’s bed – but he sat up here and chewed on his hands and drooled all over the place while the rest of were getting ready!
The next morning I took Mally to the pool while Jesse went to his meeting. I thought… oh Max will sleep in the stroller (it is nap time anyway) while Mally and I play in the pool. Wrong-o!! However, he did let us play for about 15 minutes and then he wanted nothing to do with his stroller – unless it was moving. Pool time was over.
We got to the zoo and it was HOT! Mally fell a sleep on the way there and we thought… do we let her finish her nap and then go in, or just wake her up. I suggested just wake her up – she will be so excited that we are at the zoo. Well, I might have been wrong this time. ; )
I didn’t get very many pictures at all from the zoo. I’m actually really disappointed about that – I wanted to get a picture of me and the kids and Jesse and the kids… and that never happened. Mally thought she needed to run the whole time – and Max doesn’t like heat at all so he wanted to be held and didn’t want to take a nap. Leaving me no thoughts or hands for a camera.
I can’t remember what animal she is looking at here. Or why she is holding her one finger up.
The farm! They had a farm at this zoo. She loved this part the most, I think.
She petted them. And they chewed on my new stroller!
Jesse showed her how to feed them.
Feeding them was a huge hit! She loved that.
When we talked about her feeding goats afterwards she says she fed them rocks. : )
That’s all the pictures I have from the zoo! : ( I even think we missed a big chunk of the zoo. There were suppose to be dolphins and there is a dolphin show – we didn’t see any dolphins at all. they also advertised penguins – didn’t see those. Guess we will have to go again next year.
Jesse took Mally swimming that night because Max did not want to leave my arms. I think the heat really got to him and he wasn’t feeling the best. I really wish I would have had my camera this time too – Jesse and Mallory were having so much fun and it would have been great memories/moments to capture. Mallory was jumping off the side (like a frog) into the water and loving it! Then he was teaching her how to swim on her belly. She loves the water! We thought for sure she was going to be wore out and go right to bed. Bahahahahaha! How parents can be so wrong sometimes! : )
Another fun thing was she didn’t have any accidents on our little mini trip! She stayed dry on the couple hour car ride. The whole time at the zoo! I was so proud! Max on the other hand, had explosion after explosion. I love the explosion stage. : ) I remember Mally being in this stage.
No comments:
Post a Comment