I have told this story two times today… to Mrs. C and to Jesse… and both times I am laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes and I can’t hardly speak. I thought I needed to get this one in the books to remember later.
This morning I am in my bedroom (pumping, okay… ick I know, but a mom has to do what a mom has to do) and my nose is running like crazy. I ask Mally to go to the bathroom and get me a kleenex. She loves jobs like this. She takes off running. She is gone for awhile and I’m going… Mally are you bringing me a kleenex? Yes, Mom. Okay.
She brings me one so proudly and I grab it and it is all wet! I say, Mally this kleenex is wet! Can you go get me another one? She takes off running.
She brings me another one. Mally this kleenex is wet too! I want a dry one honey. Okay. She takes off running.
This time I think, I need to watch her to see how she is getting these kleenex’s all wet. The bathroom is across the hall from our room so I wiggle so I can see out the door and I see her with kleenex in hand and her other hand is lifting up the toilet seat lid and she is dipping the kleenex in the toilet and taking it out!!!
Mally! No. I don’t want my kleenex in the toilet! Oh okay, she says. And gets another one.
Seriously! She was dunking the kleenex in the toilet and then bringing it to me! How does she come up with this stuff?! She cracks me up!!
Another funny story I just thought of…
This afternoon I went to lay Max down for a nap and he was fussing a bit in his crib before he fell asleep. I shut the door and just let him fuss for a minute or two (I’m trying to teach him to fall asleep on his own– I am one tough mom who has sleep rules. LOL.) and Mally is yelling down the hall as we walk away “Don’t worry about it Max! Max, don’t worry about it! Momma come get you! Momma come get you!”
Oh and Max fell asleep in his crib tonight all by himself – snuggling his blanket and watching his sound machine! This is only the third night in his crib. *Mommy 3 – Max 0* : ) Sorry… makes me giddy when I tackle these milestones!
No comments:
Post a Comment