Mally all of a sudden has a fear of a fly this morning. A fly is in the house and it keeps landing on the table and she screams, burst into tears and yells “A BUG! A BUG! A BUG!”
So I teach her how to shoo the fly away for the next time. Go back to doing the dishes and… WAAAAAAA *tears* *waling* *full on crying* “A BUG! A BUG!”
Mally, how do we shoo the fly away? She can’t move. Frozen in her highchair crying. She can’t take her eyes of the little fly.
I show her again how to shoo the fly away and I sing the shoo fly song.
Go back to doing the dishes and I hear her singing the song. Doesn’t last long… more tears and screaming about a bug.
By this point I am in fits of giggles and can’t stop laughing at her. I pull myself together and tell her that the fly is all gone eat your breakfast. By this point she has stopped eating and is just keeping her eyes peeled for this fly to reappear.
She spots him and says without trying to cry “Its right there!!”
Oh my goodness girl!
I may or may not know how she feels…except if it were a SPIDER! Then you would see a momma screaming in hysterics and not taking my eyes off of it until big daddy comes and smashes it… or releases it back into the wild (aka – puts it outside).
Now she is telling me: I saw a butterfly at the zoo?
ME: You saw a butterfly at the zoo?
Mal: No, I saw a butterfly at grandmas.
ME: I went shoo butterfly. shoo butterfly. ba-bye butterfly. (with her little hand waving by her chin).
OH NO! The fly got too close and now we are crying again…
Could be a looooong day of shooing flies.
2 comments:
She did see a butterfly when we went to see the frogs in the pond. It flew right past her face and she's blinked a lot and said "butterfly shoooo". Silly girl I love how she wigs out with her arms and legs, it's going to be a long fall for her.
You should get her, her own fly swatter! Course then she might run around swatting everyone and thing she finds but that would be hilarious!
Post a Comment