Friday, March 04, 2011

Next Week Please!

*warning – bodily functions*

It started out on Saturday afternoon.  Jesse said the words “I think I am getting sick.  I’m going to take a nap.”  Now this is a big deal.  He doesn’t stop for nothing and for him to actually have to stop and take a nap… not good.

Saturday night we had a wedding that we attended and Mallory had so much fun running around with her cousins Ellyn & Garrett.  However, at 8pm she came and curled up on my lap and snuggled.  A few moments later she said “go bu-bye”.  She was done.  Which shocked me – I thought I was going to have to take her kicking and screaming because she was having so much fun running all over that dance floor and hugging onto Miss Elly’s legs with her little hands on Miss Elly’s butt dancing.  (Forgot my camera – but it was adorable you’ll have to trust me.)

Shortly after that my vision started swirling and I was on the verge of a vascular migraine followed by a headache.  We left.

Sunday we still got up and went to church.  I could feel it in my chest.  A cold was setting in.  Jesse was feeling worse as well.  We booked it home from church where I sat in the backseat and refused to let Mallory take a nap in the car.  We all needed naps – at home.  (We have an hour drive home from church.)

By Sunday night Jesse is sitting in front of the space heater with a blanket… having fevers!!  He is sick.

Monday I woke up with my cold worse and a headache and just feeling yucky.  Jesse is still running fevers and exhausted.  He sets up camp in the basement in the spare room.  Mallory seems to be fussy and kind of needy and her diapers!  Don’t even let me tell you about the diapers!!  I look in her mouth – sure enough!  Those blasted eye-teeth are finally coming in on the top!

Long story short… Jesse doesn’t get better until late Wednesday!  Mallory wakes up on Wednesday morning and I go get her and find her… well… I don’t know how else to put this nicely… covered in puke!  I hear her in bed chattering away and when I open her door and see her sitting in the middle of her crib and she sees me she says “whats dat” and points.  I look.  OH NO!  I have no idea when she threw up – but you could tell it was earlier in the night.  I have no idea how she slept in her bed like that and never once cried for me to come get her.  Even when she woke up in the morning she never cried!  Tough kid!  I felt horrible for not knowing she was like this in there!

We get her all cleaned up and think… there is nothing wrong with this kid.  She hasn’t stopped talking for 3 seconds since we got her up.  She is acting like everything is fine.  However, she doesn’t want to eat – just wants juice.  A couple hours later she is asking for a pancake.  I give her a little piece of one to nipple on and she was sitting on my lap and lost it.  I thought it was because she was coughing and she just coughed to hard.  She was still acting fine and seemed to be in good happy spirits.  Until lunch… and she lost her lunch.  Then it finally hit me as this isn’t just teeth anymore.  Something else is going on here.  However, she runs around and still plays and she is not running fever.

I had a Dr. appointment and she wasn’t having me leave her at home.  She clung to me and wouldn’t let go.  So I took her with and told Jesse to wish me luck.  She did excellent and we didn’t have any episodes while out.  Whew!

Yesterday (Jesse went back to work) she woke up with a cough and congestion.  When she coughs she puts her little hands on her chest like it hurts to cough.  I pumped the pedialyte in her all day and didn’t let her eat much.  I even tried to get her to just sit and snuggle for a bit.  Which she would do for about 30 minutes and then she would get up and want to play a bit.  And I’ll be darned if she didn’t want Mickey Mouse yesterday and I could not get On Demand to work!  Of all days Charter… On Demand doesn’t work when I’m trying to let her watch Mickey Mouse and keep her still and rested. 

By the time supper rolled around she was saying she was hungry and I thought well you have gone all day and haven’t had any episodes – so sure you can eat supper with us.  She ate a couple breadsticks and of course cheese!  This kid and her cheese – she is 100% Wisconsin.  She even kept asking for more – to which we finally cut her off.

Jesse went to clean her up after supper and she wasn’t having it.  Only wanted me.  He got her down and she came right over by me and lost her supper.  OH NO!!  I thought she was all better!  So I scooped her up and carried her to the couch and thankfully Mickey Mouse was working again and we sat there the rest of the night watching Mickey Mouse until bed time.  Again – she doesn’t have a fever!  However last night after supper she was snuggly.

Today hasn’t started yet here… she is still sleeping.  But I’m hoping she is feeling better.  I had big plans for my weekend… tonight I was going to go get new bedding for my room and paint my room this weekend!  However, if Mally is still sick I will not be letting her leave… unless she is like me when I was sick on Friday… nope mom, I’m not sick I can go see Jesse today!  : )  (Otherwise she wouldn’t let me see Jesse!  And you know it had been like 4 days since I seen him last and that is eternity in dating world.)  Mallory loves to go places and almost every day she will ask “go bu-bye” and I will say “nooo” and she will say “stay home”.

On no… she is waking up crying.  That is never a good sign!!  Gotta run!  Wish me luck today!  I am about all done with dealing with sick people this week.  I’m not cut out to be a nurse!

2 comments:

Deb said...

We were wondering where you and Mallory were yesterday at M&M's. Now we know. Get better!

Katie said...

you said nipple instead of nibble:) hahahhhaaaaaaaa
My dear friend I am so sorry to hear this, once again I am reminded of what a super mom you are! I mean it too. I'll be praying for you guys and for you this morning.
Oh and Lily did the same thing about a month ago, I went to get her up in the morning and found tons of puke all over her and the crib and she didn't once make a noise in the middle of the night...I still keep the monitor on even! Kids are amazing.
Its days like today I wish I lived near you so I could come over and help out in some way:)
Love ya!