Tuesday, March 15, 2011

She’s Gone Girly!

I found this blog post and I must of wrote it over a month ago and never made it live.  I feel like I want to remember this – so I am going to post it.  The pictures are also from a month ago – I must of  had good intentions of blogging about this but got side tracked.

Yes, I dress her totally girly – but she didn’t play like a little girl.  She was more into riding bikes/trikes, digging in the dirt, picking up rocks kind of girl. 

IMG_9934I have a basket full of stuffed animals and a doll or two and that basket would sit un-touched.  However, puppy is a must.  Puppy goes to bed with her and puppy even comes in the truck sometimes for our little outings.  If she is feeling sleepy or snuggly or hurt she will ask for puppy.  Otherwise – she isn’t into stuffed animals or dolls.

That all has changed the last couple of days.  She picked out a doll from the basket and started pretending and talking to the doll.  She would pretend to take the baby to bed which went something like this…

Holding baby in front of her while tipping her head.

M: Ni-Night? 

Silently look at baby with her head still tipped.

M: Okay.

Run to her room with baby in tow.

M: Kish.

Give baby a kiss.  Toss baby over the crib rail.  Come running back to the living room.

M: Baby.

Me: Your baby go ni-night?

M: Yesh.

Run back to her room and run back to the living room.

M: Baby.  Help you.

Me:  Is your baby stuck?

M: Yesh.

Run back to her room and I follow her.  I get baby out of the crib. 

She will also pretend to feed her baby snacks and give her drinks from the little tea cups.

IMG_9935

Today she really started pretending and being a little mommy.  She was playing with her baby running back and forth from her room to the living room.  I would look down the hallway to her room and she would be sitting in chair in her room with her baby talking away.

Then she came out and said baby was “hungee” (hungry) and tossed baby into her high chair.  We got baby some pretend snacks and the tea cup and she fed her baby.

IMG_9936

I showed her how to hold her baby and how to burp her baby… things she hasn’t seen yet because we don’t know anyone with a little baby. 

She even went as far as to get a diaper and try to put the diaper on the baby.  I have a few newborn diapers left over from Mally – I went and got one and we put it on the baby.  To which Mally picked up the baby and said “potty” and ran to the bathroom with baby.  I quickly chased after her saying “NO!  Baby doesn’t need to go potty!”  I find her holding baby over the toilet!  Thankfully she didn’t drop baby in!

IMG_9939

It is kind of fun to see her take such interest in doing these sorts of things – I have never seen this side of her.  It also warms my heart and makes me feel like this might prepare her for baby brother coming.

Just two days prior to her running around with baby… she was hauling a mouse around with her.  I plastic-real looking rat type mouse from Halloween.  She had to eat lunch with this mouse – he sat right on her tray.  She even had to take this mouse to bed with her along with a tea cup in case mouse needed a drink.  Ick.

IMG_9940

- - - -

Update on our health… Last week was still pretty rough.  However, yesterday morning she woke up with yucky matted eyes and as the morning went along I could watch her eye turn more and more pink.  She still had her runny nose and cough.  I finally caved (since this was the start of week 3 of being sick) and called her Dr.  They tell me it is just a cold and to keep hanging in there.  I was starting to wonder if she didn’t have a sinus infection because she would point to her cheeks and say hurt and cry.  Nurse tells me that would be very rare for a child to have a sinus infection and she could be pointing to her cheeks in regards to the teeth that are coming in.  And as far as her eye turning pink now – she said that is all part of the cold too.  I could go in and get drops for it if she went to a daycare but she stays home so they said there was no need for that.

Other than all that we had a really good start to our week yesterday.  She was in such a better mood and played so good.  After supper when I took out of her highchair I was holding her and asking her for my snuggles and she gave me a big hug and then said “down”… that’s my girl!  She isn’t a snuggler!  : )  So for her to snuggle with me for two solid weeks – I knew something was wrong. 

We have also been able to go outside the last couple of days – which she loves!  You ask her if she wants to go outside and she starts running to her room yelling “socks and shoes”.  We started going for walks again (since it has been warm – as in the 30s) and she loves to walk by herself “on da road”.  She even spotted the moon yesterday on her walk and once she spotted the moon every three steps we had to stop and point to the moon.

I think we are on end of this illness and getting back to normal.  Who knew normal could feel so good!!  Thank you all for your kind words and encouraging me!!

No comments: