Monday, March 07, 2016

Shopping my Closet

One of the ways I can stay content (remember my 2016 word) is to get out of mommy-land!  I spend so much time in mommy-land I can get consumed and forget who Lynn is.  So I read a few fashion blogs, perhaps daily while drinking my morning coffee... and hopefully before I hear little voices and feet coming!  I don't find myself as being a fashionista by any means!  Which is why I read them.  Plus!  I stay home all day, every day, and I do not want to become a frumpy house wife.  So I have to stay connected to the outside world by reading blogs.  I also don't get to stores to shop so I have no clue what is on point and what is out... insert blogs!

Flip side - because I read so many fashion blogs I tend to not be content with my clothing!  I want or even think I need new clothing.  Another "disorder" I have is I refuse to pay full price for anything!!!  I never shop current looks.  I shop clearance racks!  Or sales - I really have to get a good deal though.  So I feel like I am always a season behind.  Got great summer clothes to push me threw the winter and now I have winter clothes for the summer.  Great!

Anyway - I was reading a fashion blog and she was working a pair of mustard yellow pants!  I have mustard yellow pants!!!!  I bought them 3 years ago (for like $6 on clearance) to wear to an ugly sweater Christmas party.  I swore I would figure out how to wear them again.  I never could.  But I held on to them, three years and counting.  This blogger's mustard yellow pants inspired me to try them again and I am feeling content about my closet today!!  

My shirt was bought off the summer clearance rack last fall and I can't wait for warmer weather where I can wear short sleeves again.  I am still loving the aztec print so I don't care if this style has gone to the wayside.  I am still going to work it.  Ha!  


I can not take a selfie alone.  I need someone in it with me!  
Thanks for letting me take my blog out of mommy-land and talk girly!!
Here is the blog that inspired my look!
In case you want a pair of mustard yellow pants to join this party!!

No comments: