We were only able to stay on the Island (Pensacola Beach is on an island off of Florida) for one day. Which was hard. I think we all wanted to stay longer. We were in the pools first thing after breakfast and the kids had the pools to themselves!
Before we left the island we drove around and I snapped pictures out of the window.
We never stopped to get out.
We are on day 7 of our vacation at this time.
Kids are holding up great. However, their sleep schedules have been totally messed with. Naps are sketchy and few & far between. We wake them up in the morning as to get them moving and going before the day is gone. That is Jesse! I would of picked sleep some mornings – but he is an up and get going kind of guy.
We took the kids to get souvenirs before we left Florida. My kids each picked out a stuffed turtle! Mallory has a baby tiny stuffed turtle that I was given at my baby shower when I was pregnant with her. She still hauls that turtle around and so her baby turtle needed a momma! And Max has to match so he picked a stuffed turtle too! The daddy turtle, of course!
Ellyn picked a glass dolphin. A blue one, of course. I was trying to steer her away from the breakable stuff- but she was sneaky and went and asked Jesse if that could be her souvenir and he said yes. To which she ran over to me and said “Jesse said I can get this!” Hmfph! But in the long run that will last forever and it was a good pick for her. Better then the alligator tooth necklace she was eyeballing at the alligator farm!!
We were scheduled to go meet up with Jesse’s cousin in Mobile, Alabama. His wife had a waterpark pass for us to use. But when we looked back and saw this…
We decided those are some pretty exhausted kids! We should start to head for home and get home a day early and have a day at home before we went back to work! We canceled out time with Jesse’s cousin and headed home.
No comments:
Post a Comment