Thursday, August 29, 2013

Stock Yard & Florida

Wednesday morning down in Mississippi is Stock Yard day!  Of course we went!  Flea Market and Animal Auction!  It was so blasted hot!  It wasn’t fun!  I couldn’t even look at flea market treasures because I was hot and whiney and I had two kids who were hot and whiney and when they are hot and whiney their legs don’t work and they want to be carried! 

We went into the stock barn to see the animals.

20130807_092506 (2)

I think I would love a little hobby farm!  I want some chickens, a goat and a donkey.  They had all that here except my donkey.

20130807_092826 (2)

Ellyn didn’t come to the stock yard – she stayed back and made a cake with Jesse’s Aunt Diane.  She was so proud of this cake! 

20130807_125419 (2)

Aunt Diane taught Ellyn to cook and taught Mallory how to play Jesus Loves Me on the piano.

IMG_20130807_100430 (2)

After lunch and dessert (Ellyn’s cake) we hit the road again and left Mississippi and went to Florida.

IMG_5977

Jesse and I stayed in Pensacola, Florida on our honeymoon.  Well, we found the exact hotel we stayed in (10 years ago) and went to go stay in that hotel!

IMG_5978

Ellyn didn’t want to come to Florida with us!  Seriously!  Can you believe that?!  She wanted to stay at Aunt Diane’s!  She asked a couple times if she could stay and we could pick her up on our way back.  We didn’t let her!  She didn’t understand what we were about to do!

IMG_5979

We got to our hotel and were upgraded to the Executive Suite!  It was perfect for out little family!  Everyone got a bed!  Jesse and I had a nice balcony with a view of the ocean for when the kids went to bed we could still see & hear the ocean without leaving our room.

We quickly got into our suits and headed to the beach.  I am so mad about this –but I do not have a single picture of the kids at the beach.  None.  Not a single one.  So mad.  I’m kind of a nervous mom when it comes to water and then an ocean!  Um… no time for a camera.  I brought it with me but it stayed in my bag.

Ellyn thought the ocean was amazing.  She was glad she came with and didn’t stay behind.  She was face down in the ocean looking at all the treasures at the bottom and watching fish.  The trouble was she didn’t realize how quickly she floats out and she just learned to swim a few weeks prior.  She isn’t a strong swimmer yet.  Jesse and I each had to take one of our kids and keep them in our arms.  It was too stressful!  I didn’t like it!  We stayed for a bit longer and then headed to the pools at our hotel.

IMG_5981

IMG_5984IMG_5987

Sitting poolside soaking up sun while watching the kids was much more relaxing to Jesse and I.

IMG_5989

We stayed out until the sun went down.  Then went in and ordered a pizza.  The kids thought it was the coolest to eat pizza (with no plates or forks) while watching TV.  Tucked the kids into bed and sat on our balcony and looked around the island trying to remember what it looked like 10 years earlier.  And what we were like 10 years earlier.  How much our life has changed in 10 years.  What we have all accomplished in 10 years.  Jesse with his Doctors.  Starting a business.  2 beautiful kids.  Selling a business.  Owning a home.  All in 10 years!

1 comment:

Steph said...

I pass a place on my way to work that just put out a "Donkeys for sale" sign!!!! I think it was meant to be that you need a donkey (or two) now!!! ;) Want me to get the phone number for you?!?!