Sunday, August 25, 2013

Illinois

Our second day of travel was kind of big day.  We drove until lunch and then stopped at a wayside.  Much to our surprise they had a playground.  It was awesome!  The kids could get out all their wiggles!

IMG_5879

IMG_5881

I could not get all three of them to look at me at once.

IMG_5884

And there was running room!  You had to run from one play equipment to the other.  You can be sure that I made them run too!

IMG_5885

Mallory climbing.

IMG_5887

Little Max attempting to get those short little legs to climb.

IMG_5888

Even Jesse had to get his wiggles out.

IMG_5891IMG_5895

Mallory wanted to try on the short bar.

IMG_5898

Then Ellyn tried.

IMG_5899IMG_5900

Mallory wanted to try on the big bar- so I handed the camera to Ellyn to help Mallory and Ellyn started taking pictures.

IMG_5902IMG_5903IMG_5904

This is the only time you will see me the rest of the vacation.  : )

IMG_5905

IMG_5907

Three months of living with us and Ellyn starts posing like me!!  I’m sure she picked up other great habits of mine too.  I have noticed her say some things and it totally makes me giggle.  Potty training Max for example – she takes him to go and she is the bathroom with him telling him how proud she is of him for keeping his underpants dry.  Now, would she have talked like that before?  Nope.  She has heard me praise him over every potty break that she does it now!

After everyone wiggled we sat down to eat a picnic lunch.

IMG_5911

After the wayside stop we only had a few more hours until we were to our final destination of Mount Vernon, IL.  My Aunt & Uncle live here and invited us to stay with them.  The last time I was there was when I was 11 or 12.  They had a pool that the kids were dying to get into.

IMG_5913

While Ellyn was living with us I signed her up for 4-weeks of summer school.  Which was such a blessing for her.  She loved it.  She got to go be with kids her own age.  She had fun classes.  She got to be a big kid and ride her bike to school – by herself!  And the biggest blessing – she learned to swim!  She didn’t know how to swim before and now she swims and swims and swims!  You don’t ever see her above water.

IMG_5915

Mally had two weeks of swim lessons this year too and she did great and actually passed her class!

IMG_5918

My kids found Uncle Bruce’s side-by-side and sat in here and played pretend.

IMG_5921

The next morning we were off for Mississippi.

2 comments:

Connie said...

She is making the same face as you..... crazy girl picked up your habits just about as quickly as you picked up the Oregon accent.

Connie said...

She is making the same face as you..... crazy girl picked up your habits just about as quickly as you picked up the Oregon accent.