Staying home with the kids these past few days, I am having to learn how to just let things be. Stop worrying about my chore list and just stop to play with the kids. It is very hard for me. I’m selfish in a way that I want all my chores done before nap so that I can have nap time to do Lynn things.
Lets just say – nap time is for Lynn things – but a new kind of Lynn things. Cleaning, Prepping supper, working. : )
This day (before I realized that nap time is really for getting work done) I was trying to get the cleaning done downstairs and the kids were playing restaurant. It was so sweet. I grabbed the camera!
Mallory wearing her high heels. She is starting to get into dress up. She now is looking for a chefs hat and apron.
Cooking in her messy hair and high heels. Some day she will be the perfect home maker!
They even have a center piece!
This was the lunch they prepared for me to eat. Yum!
Then she comes to clean away the dishes…
Straight to the floor! She does not get this technique from me!
Then comes little man to wipe it down with his wipe!
Breaking for snuggles and a picture. I’m rocking the messy home maker hair – but I forgot my high heels. ; )
She may have thrown the food on the floor – however she is great at clean up after each guest! She scrubs under the table as well!
Then I got the race track out for Max thinking I could go work on one of my projects.
I wanted to put together a bench for the laundry room that I bought this summer for a crazy steal of a deal. I sneak away because they are playing SO good. I’m in the laundry room tearing about my box and ready to assemble and they find me and want to help! Ahh! I distract them with taking all the garbage away. But one mess lead to another – they found a small piece of Styrofoam that turned into a gigantic MESS!! They crushed and broke it and crushed it into teeny tiny bits! Then took those teeny tiny bits and sprinkled them into sneaky little hiding places!! I had that blasted stryofoam from one end of my basement to the other!!
So – I got to do my Lynn project and I must say I assembled that bench like a champ all by myself! And you can sit on it! However… I was not able to get one screw in… I don’t think it was an important one… I don’t think… It is low to the ground… if it crashed you wouldn’t get hurt… too bad…
Anyway, I got my project done – but I gained a massive clean-up!!
No comments:
Post a Comment