I’ve been at home with the kids the past few weeks on a little break and wow! They love having me here with them. They can’t get enough of it. The first week they were the best little kids ever! Then this week – we had daylight savings! OH! It has never effected us before – but this time it is as if the kids lost 6 hours of sleep. When really we’re suppose to gain an hour. Ha!
One morning Jesse got up at 5:30am to go to work and came back and said… Mallory is awake already! WHAT?! He said he went to go close their door and she said, “Hi Momma… oh wait, Hi Daddy.” He told her to go back to sleep. I’ve been trying to get up at 5:45… however that morning there was no way I was getting up because if Mallory was already awake she would see me get up and then come out. So I hid in my room and fell back asleep… for 5 minutes before I hear them BOTH in there giggling and talking! They were at least happy, right?! It is only 5:45am!! Not gonna happen! So I ignore them and I’m still hiding in my room.
They start yelling “mom”. Max will yell “Mom” and then Mally will yell “Mom”. It became a game for them. I’m not moving! I’m not saying a word. They are going back to sleep. : ) Literally a minute goes by of them yelling and finally Mallory yells “Momma? Where are you?” I giggled quietly and then yelled “SLEEPING”. They stopped yelling for me and started talking to each other. They yelled something else to me and I don’t remember what, but I remember my response was “It is not morning yet!” Then it became silent in there for a long time… well it felt like a long time. I was almost ready to sneak out and I see a light come on. Max has turned their light on. Now there is no going back! They are up. Mallory comes toddling out and finds me and says, “There is something on my ceiling” and she is naked in her pull-up only! What happened to you pajamas? “I got sweaty so I took them off. There is something on my ceiling! Come look!” Ahhhh! So up we got! Sure enough a spider was on their ceiling. But I couldn’t reach it – nor was I going to attempt to reach it. : )
However, that morning they were in an excellent mood! They were happily playing and I got out the camera.
Mallory working on her computer and doing her orders. Think she has been out in the shop working with us before? : )
I actually had to work this day – so we had a babysitter come and Mallory did not want to take a nap. So I said that would be fine, just rest with her and watch a movie and maybe she will sleep. hahahaha! And then to top it off Max didn’t take much of a nap either! So when I got home from work I had two very tired children!!
After much convincing I finally got them to play while I made a quick supper. Mallory built a “microphone stander”.
She dumped out all the toy bins to build this!
We watched the CMA Awards together and she saw all them have mic stands. That she had to have one. Then when the singer would play the guitar she would get her guitar.
While I was trying to cook supper Max kept bring books for me to read and I would send him back to the living room with it and have Mallory read it to him. She was more then willing to do that. At one point I peek out at them and had to grab the camera!
Moments like these make up for all the fighting and screaming they do at each other! : )
1 comment:
So sweet, that Mally sure loves her little brother.
Post a Comment