Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Button Rewards!!

I am very much not a morning person!  Mallory either!  It seemed that every morning it was a battle to get her dressed.  It was a battle to get her hair combed.  It was a battle to brush her teeth.  It wasn’t fun.  I dreaded it!  Every!  Single!  Day!

I smarted up and started looking for a chore chart.  The ones I were finding were way too big for her.  So I went back to scratch and made my own.  It is awesome!

We do not have morning battles anymore!  She actually asks now to get dressed!!  Who knew!  I need one less cup coffee each day!  ; )

Mallory's Chore Chart

Her chores:  Get dressed.  Get her hair combed.  Brush her teeth.  Listen Good.  Say her bible [Cubbie] verse.  Read by herself. 

I also got her hair cut which has helped with the hair issues!  I love her hair long because then we can do braids and pony tails – however she can’t stand that stuff.  Would rather have her hair down with nothing in it.  Keeping it short keeps the snarls at bay.

For each check mark she gets a button to put in her jar.  Then I thought up some things she could “buy” with her buttons.  Things that are very special to her right now.

Why buttons?  Because I had a mega supply of them from last years Christmas craft projects.

Mallory's Rewards

She has been working towards… Ellyn of course!  She wouldn’t cash in any buttons because she wanted a sleep over with Ellyn!  However, the other night she wanted to stay up late so bad… and she finally caved and cashed in 10 buttons to stay up and play games and eat Halloween candy.  : )

I just printed these off on a sheet paper and stuck them in two picture frames I had – I think I got them for a dollar at Kmart when Mallory was a baby.  Then I bought a dry ease marker and she checks it off on the glass and we can wipe it off and do it again the next day.  This way too when she gets bigger I can change out the chores and rewards.  Since my kitchen/dining room area is kind of smaller – I hung them in her room by her bed with a shelf above to hold the buttons and jar… high enough out of her reach that she can’t be giving herself buttons!  : )

Chore charts are awesome!  Mallory still gets excited about it!  Try one!

No comments: