Thursday, September 06, 2012

Summer Friends

We have had a lot of kids at our house this summer during the day.  Our nanny brings her little girl and our sales guy brings his two kids with him.  It took a few weeks for the boys to merge in with the rest of the kids (because they are super shy!)… but they did and then you wouldn’t see them all day!  The kids would be kicking the ball around, playing tag, in the sandbox, hauling Max around, playing hide and seek, riding scooters or eating my popsicles faster then I could buy them!

I wanted to get a picture of all the kids together before the boys went back to school because it was the highlight of the kids week when “the boys” would come. 

Mallory talks about them all the time!  She was a huge fan of them.  Maxwell can’t talk… but he would let them haul them around and had to be doing whatever they were doing.  And he would giggle like woody woodpecker when you asked him if he want to go play with the boys.  Have I ever mentioned that Max giggles like woody woodpecker?  He does.  I need to catch it on video.  He only giggles like that when he is really excited about something. 

Well I missed my chance to get my picture of all the kids on the last week.  But I did get a picture of my kids with the boys on my day off.  We are missing Katherine.

IMG_3181

Maxwell was temperamental that day and I needed his nuk and his blanket.  Yes… I needed his nuk and blanket!  I took his nuk away but I dare not touch his blanket (“ankie” is what he calls it).

IMG_3183

I could not get Max to look at me for nothing so I started clucking like a chicken and mooing like a cow and then I said… Max is there a chicken in the field?  Do you see it?  Where’s the chicken?  And then I had all the kids looking for a chicken…

IMG_3184

The boys hung out with us the whole day while their dad worked out in the shop… which meant they had to go to the grocery store with me.  Well they didn’t have to – but I asked them if they wanted to and they did.  So I took that whole crew into the grocery store. 

I gave the older one the shopping list and the two little ones picked out the items while Max sat in the cart and threw a fit because he wanted to eat the bananas before we paid for them!  : )  A lady saw me and she said… oh my!  Such a challenge you took on today… and she said this before Max saw the bananas and was being good!  I giggled and said… They are not all mine!  : )  She said she knew… how she knew I am not sure.  But actually it was one of my smoother shopping trips… I have had far worse and I mean far worse with just two kids!  : )

I can handle four kids easy!  You hear that husband… EASY!  I got this!  ; ) 

And actually the kids played and I never saw them all day.  They all kept each other busy and I got so many things done!

You hear that husband… EASY!  I got this!  ; )  Please ignore that fact that earlier in this post I mentioned that Max was a little unpleasant...

*totally giggling*

1 comment:

LisaS said...

yup miss lynn.. we need that Leah..:-)