Mallory is into a huge tent making phase. Like huge! She needs to have a tent made every. single. day. She has even corrupted my little Max into needing a tent! I’m not kidding this is our morning routine… get up. eat breakfast. make a tent.
This drives me crazy! I can’t stand all the blankets every where! I can’t stand all the furniture getting moved around! It feels like chaos! However… I let them do it. I let them do it every. single. day. Because sometimes it isn’t about me. : )
I had Jesse set up our real camping tent (that we used pre-kids) outside for her. I thought she would think it was the coolest thing and not ever want to make a tent in the house. WRONG! She wanted to go in the house and make one after she was in the real one! Can’t win! I just can’t win! : )
So now we have multiple tents. They continue to make their morning tent. And if Mallory doesn’t make it – Max will (I’m not even joking about this) point to the blanket and say “tent”. He learned the word tent! And we have the tent outside that they rarely play with. Sometimes we have snack time out there – but it is way too hot in there these days so we didn’t last long in there.
I decided to take pictures one day of their tent so I that I will never forget this phase. ; )
I think Maxwell is pretending to be a tiger. He growls a lot and chases us. He thinks it is a hoot.
Mallory in her tent! See she use to like them like this.
Now she wants “the windows shut”. Meaning she wants the blanket to go all the way to the ground and it to be dark in her tent. However, I apparently am no good at those kind of tents because she never likes mine.
Look at that face! She loves her tents!
2 comments:
This statement made me tear up.... "However… I let them do it. I let them do it every. single. day. Because sometimes it isn’t about me. : )" You are a wonderful mommy and I couldn't be more proud to call you my daughter. Love you, Mom
They need to have Uncle Adam come over and make tents. He makes the best tents. HUGE, all of the blankets in the house, take over the living room and part of the dining room tents. That's what we would come home to when Adam and Shannon would come over to babysit. Sometimes I would have to sleep in the tent with them. Fun times!
Post a Comment