One of the days on vacation we all packed up and went riding. The guys on their dirt bikes. The kids and I along with Auntie Steph in the RZR. We left after breakfast and headed towards Thunder Bowl.
Maxwell locked and loaded and ready!
Mallory locked and loaded and ready to go!
They insisted on bring their blankets along! You can about imagine how disgusting their blankets were by the end of the week! It was so dusty and a few spots of mud.
This was the first time that Steph and I were able to ride along on the guys off-roading adventures. And we were quick to learn that we stop A LOT to check the map!
We stopped. and stopped some more. and stopped again.
We saw this view a lot! : ) Checking the map on the hood of our vehicle. It was starting to get very funny to me when we would stop that I would have to muffle my giggles.
They had to clear it up and let me know that they do not check the map this frequently when it is just them. They had to do it because of the RZR because it wasn’t allowed on all the trails so they were checking to see what trails I could be on.
We finally made it to our destination – Thunder Bowl!
When we arrived I headed for one of the trails to go up and I panicked and screamed and stopped and yelled – I CAN’T DO IT! Then the boys found me at the bottom of the trail and encouraged me up it. So I went up screaming and yelling the whole way. Mallory is giggling and hooting and having the time of her life. Well once you get to the top – you have to go back down!!!! Ahh!! Well there was this one hill that I refused to go up! It looked massive! It looked straight up steep! No way! Mally kept yelling – follow daddy momma! I want to follow daddy up that big hill!
We stopped to eat our picnic lunch and you guessed it – check the map again! ; ) The kids got to run around and burn off some energy before they got strapped back into the RZR for the long trek back home.
Maxwell must sample all dirt or sand! You would think he would stop eating it – but he doesn’t!
Lunch time was over and we all got back into our vehicles and played on the trails again. Before we would leave the guys really wanted me to concur my fear and go up the massive hill! Jesse grabbed the video camera and went to the top to record my big hill!
Well after that I wish they would of recorded some of the other ones because the other ones we were climbing were WAY worse! They were narrow, there were ruts, it was steep, it was far more scarier then this hill that I was afraid of. But of course no record of me doing those. Next year! : )
P.S. The last night on vacation – The guys bought ANOTHER map! : ) This was the ultimate map! The map they had been dreaming and wanting the whole vacation! And we were leaving that night! However, Jerry busted out the map around the campfire that night and got some good map reading in before we left! ; )
1 comment:
Jesse that was lightning speed!!! You make my girl do so many scary things....... I think you might be good for her :) Love the video
Post a Comment