Our third day of vacation… our first and only day (I think) of getting to sleep past 6am! Max didn’t understand that vacation was for sleeping in. Jesse rolled over at 8am and let out a yell. His neck muscle had locked up – think charlie-horse times 10 that doesn’t let up. I had thrown in our heat pack and got him started on a heat – ice (which a frozen margarita pouch works perfectly) rotation. His neck muscle has locked up before and it took about three days to get it back. This wasn’t something he wanted to happen at the very beginning of his vacation!
It was beach day. Mally really wanted to fly her kite at the beach and today was going to be the day. Jesse said he would attempt to come with us – or I would drop him off at the ER and take the kids while he was getting help. ; )
We loaded the truck. I drove. We stopped at the pharmacy for Jesse to get some pain killers. Hunted down some coffee and took the kids to the park to swing to see how Jesse would do. He wasn’t good. He was in a lot of pain! We drove to the hospital and found an urgent care. He went in – the kids and I sat in the parking lot and waited. Thankfully I had the DVD players in there from the drive up to Michigan. That they watched a movie and ate snacks and I read a book on my phone. They were little patient rock stars waiting for their Daddy! Jesse came out over an hour later with a prescription for a muscle relaxer. We went to fill it and got some lunch and then headed for the beach.
While on our way to the beach Max fell asleep. Jesse stayed in the truck with him while Mallory and I went to fly kites.
It took me a bit to get this kite up in the air and not come crashing down on nearby people! And for a middle of the week day the beach was full of people!
She flew it for about 5.7 seconds and was DONE! Really?! She wanted to go play in the water!
We walked. She wanted to swim, but I wouldn’t let her in her clothes. I thought we might be able to come back anther day with swim gear.
She thought she could catch the seagulls. Oh silly girl!
Mallory is getting so tall and lean! Her shorts have recently become way too big for her! Her pants are way too short and when you find them long enough they are way too big in the waist. Her little shorts kept slipping down
I took a video of her making a “snow angel”. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment