Friday, July 06, 2012

To Changes *Cheers*

The last couple of months I have been experiencing some extreme exhaustion.  Extreme!  I couldn’t get up.  Coffee in the morning was a must!  Mtn Dew in the afternoon was a must!  I felt like some thing  was totally wrong with me.  I thought it was my heart.  That was only thing I could think of that would make me feel this exhausted and tired. 

Jesse and I started running together.  I couldn’t keep up with him.  He was running while pushing a double stroller and he was blocks ahead of me.  I was blocks behind dying!  Again, something must be wrong with my heart!  I shouldn’t be this far behind him.

Then we stopped running together.  Jesse went back to the gym and I was going to keep running by myself… well with the dog.  And I was doing it – but I wasn’t keeping up with it.  Here and there when I felt like it…which was rare.  : ) 

I was still exhausted.  I kept telling Jesse, I don’t really think you understand just how exhausted/tired I am – and I am getting at least an hour to an hour and half more sleep then him. 

So I broke down and called the doctor.  I went and I tell her that I am worried about my heart.  She says, tell me more.  I tell her everything.  I tell her a typical day.  I tell her about my jobs.  I tell her about my kids.  She says… you SHOULD be exhausted!  I did one of those tip my head sideways and looked at her… huh?  You have a 3-year old and a 1-year old – two jobs – managing 3 employees – a home – a husband… you should be exhausted.  Give yourself some credit. 

Not what I wanted to hear.  I wanted something to fix this.  I can do all of that.  And I can do all of that and NOT be exhausted.  I can. 

I made her run some blood work anyway.  She reassured me that nothing is wrong with my heart and she high-fived me when I said I couldn’t keep up with my husband running.  LOL!  Apparently I shouldn’t be able to keep up with him.  : )  She said she would run my iron levels and check my thyroid… but she could almost guarantee that they were going to come back normal. 

So all this made me more driven to get back to running/exercising a little harder and more consistently.  Plus the scale at the doctor’s office that I saw motivated me a little bit too… I won’t lie.  : ) 

Still not feeling great – but getting better.

All the tests/blood work came back normal.  Nothing wrong.

I was talking to my Mom about all of this and she asked me how my fruits and veggie daily consumptions were.  Veggies are great.  Fruits not so much.  I’m not that wild on fruit.  So she urged me to try that.  I did!

Exercising.  Drinking more water.  Taking an iron pill even though the test came back fine.  Eating more fruits & veggies.  No caffeine in the afternoon. 

I started waking up before… yes I said before… my alarm clock and my kids!!  And I was waking up ready to go!  It was wonderful!  I loved it!  The best part even was I wasn’t crashing at 3:00pm!  I could function and think of things to do with the kids.  I was getting real suppers on the table!  It was so fantastic!

I am also learning I need to delegate more.  I can’t do it all and I have people here to help me and I need to use them.  They want me to use them that is why they are working for us.  Which is so hard for a control freak.  : )  But I’m learning.

So here is to getting back on track!  I’m ready to get this blog back up and running.  I have so many pictures on my camera it is crazy.  I have Mally’s 3-year photo session on a CD that I haven’t even looked at yet.  I have had it for at least a month.  You think I would be dying to see those pictures – I am, but have had zero energy to do anything. 

I’m drinking a pomegranite margaritta… so *cheers* to changes!!  Good changes!  Healthy changes for me and ultimately my family!  No more sleepy exhausted Momma!!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Hey friend - It's been forever since I've been on here... because I'm EXHAUSTED and can't do anything else - especially blog! So I hopped on this morning to check everyone out... and feel like I need to let you know how important this post of yours was to me. I have my 2 kids plus another 18 month little boy in my care every day. Plus I have a job from home. And a husband. And a house. And a garden. But I feel like you - I can do all this! I just can't do all this right now... haha.

So, I'm behind your healthy changes and I will be praying that you keep up with them! And I will allow your success to help me make some of my own (as well as delegate some things). But, most of all, I will allow the thought to creep into my mind every once in a while that it is okay for me to be exhausted because I'm doing A LOT.

Bethany