All about Mallory at age 3…
I have mentioned a few times on here, but Mallory is very into her music. She is a country music girl. : ) She is constantly turning on her karaoke machine and playing her Lady A CD. And she likes her music loud. When riding in the truck she will ask for the radio on and when she hears a song she likes she will ask for it to be louder. I have lost count at how many songs this girl knows! It is a whole lot!!
She still loves to read books. I will still find her sometimes with a stack of books just reading away. She has a lot of books memorized too. She also loves to read her bible. Her favorite bible story is Jonah and the fish. She has it memorized just about word for word according to her bible. She will ask for that story every night that I got tired of reading it and said – you read it to me. And she could!
She likes to play with her stuffed animals/mickey mouse crew and have us talk for them.
Mally is attempting to give up naps. I let her try it a week and she needed to go back on them. She became very sassy! So we tricked her into them by placing an alarm clock in her room and telling her she had to rest and read books until she heard the music from the alarm clock. She falls asleep every time and hasn’t wised up to us…yet : ) When she takes naps it takes her forever to fall asleep at night.
Most of the time she can be so polite. I always try to make the kids say please and thank you… I’m even working on Max right now. I will catch her saying thank you and please to others without my prompting, and it makes me so proud.
She can count and count things correctly. The other week she even counted backwards for me – which I didn’t realize she could do.
I’ve been having to work hard lately at trying to figure out her love language. I thought it was quality time – but I think it might be words of affirmation. She loves it when we tell her she is being good or did something really well. If I tell her, Mally you are being so good right now. She will say, “Sank you Momma!” and get a big smile.
She talks and has a vocabulary of a 9 year old. She says “hilarious” and will even use it in the right context!
She is starting to like to spend the night at Grandparents houses! She got to stay with Grandma Mary & Grandpa Dave’s the other day and when Grandma Mary arrived to pick her up – she wasted no time. Grabbed her backpack and said, lets go. I had to make her stop and give me a kiss and hug otherwise she would of hoped into Grandma Mary’s car and never looked back! She has asked me a few times since then if she can go stay at their house again.
Since it is summer I don’t take a lot of time to just sit down at the table and color with her, but when we do she has been practicing the letter M and she is getting better and better at it. Sometimes she will point out the letter “M” and say “there’s my name!” She also loves to get out a notebook and pen and just sit and pretend to write up a storm.
That’s our Mallory Rae in a nutshell. She is one precious little girl that neither Jesse nor I can get enough of. She continues to amaze us. She is growing into a very sweet little girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment