Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Sunday at Home

 

IMG_1163

It is not very often that we are home on a Sunday.  We travel back to our hometown for church and then since we are “home” we stop by to see our families before we head back.  Usually not getting us back to our house until sometimes well after supper.

IMG_1171

We decided to just stay home today.  Max is working on more teeth and I didn’t get him to sleep until after 10 the night before.  (Bedtime is 7:30)  Mally was also up late… which means Jesse and I were up later.  : ) 

IMG_1192

My parents came to visit us on our lazy/relaxing day at home.  Usually when we have these rare Sundays we take full advantage.  We stay in jammies until late.  Showers are rare.  Naps are often.  Thank goodness they texted us a warning.  : )

It was really windy, but warm out so I suggested that Mally try to fly her kite again.  She was all for it and started hopping around with great excitement. 

IMG_1200

We have flown our kites a couple times now, but it is way too hard to take pictures, fly a kite, and keep Max entertained… all why trying to capture it on film.  Since we had an extra set of hands today – we got some pictures.

Jesse gets Mally’s kite up really high so she can hold it.  She is running to get into position. 

IMG_1204

Jesse has to stand guard with her.

IMG_1223

Because sometimes my kite likes to come visit her kite.  We both tend to get distracted while flying kites.  Girls.

IMG_1224

Max sits in the middle of the field and watches…

IMG_1228

points, and yells.

IMG_1230

Mally got tired of standing so she had to sit on Jesse’s knee.

IMG_1235

IMG_1237

Max gets a turn.

IMG_1238

I love that you can see Jesse and Mally in the background flying their kite.

IMG_1240

Jesse keeps telling me that Max needs a haircut… I think he is right.  He is getting a bit shaggy.  I’m going to have to make him an appointment this week.

IMG_1242

Mally Rae!

IMG_1248

It was a good, windy warm day for kite flying.

IMG_1259

Jesse’s parents missed us today too – so they called to check in on us and the kids.  Mally is becoming a phone talker and she talked their ears off!  It is so funny to listen to her on our side.  I’m not sure if they are able to understand her.  But at one point she is playing peek-a-boo with Max and Maggie while she is talking to them. 

It was a good lazy day and now we are ready to get back to business tomorrow. 

No comments: