One year ago today I was cleaning my carpets trying to work little Max out… and it worked! And he was a good boy and waited until all my carpets were fresh and clean before he was ready.
He was such a little peanut when he was born! To think that I had to take him back after his first week appointment because he wasn’t gaining what his doctor wanted him too. Now he is a big growing boy! : )
I had to take him off whole milk. He got a massive diaper rash to the point where he was bleeding. He was having about 7+ dirty diapers a day. I never called my doctor – I just took him off whole milk and put him on lactose free milk and the bleeding stopped and the diaper rash cleared up. I don’t know if this means he will always be lactose intolerant or not. He still eats cheese and doesn’t seem to have a problem with that.
I have been trying to teach him to say some new words… milk – he has been working hard on that one and just about has it. More – he just continues to point and grunt. Thank you – he just grabs whatever I am giving him and “Mmms” or he chomps on his cracker like he hasn’t ate in days. Mally – he says “Maa-Eee” in the sweetest little sing-song voice.
He is crawling everywhere. He stands up next to anything and walks along furniture. I’ve been trying to get him to push things and he doesn’t seem to have much interest in it. Except for Mally’s doll stroller which tips over and then I get him something more sturdy to push and he gets angry and then won’t push anything.
He is a little lover. He will be playing so good, but he will have to take a pit stop to come climb on me and bury his head into my shoulder and then crawl away. He still lays his head on my shoulder when I am holding him.
He hasn’t been sleeping very well. He is waking up a lot for his nuk. The trouble is he is lazy and won’t look for it – and cries until we come in there and find them for him. He use to not care about them during the night, but all of sudden he needs them. Makes me wonder if we have some teeth issues still going on. He also is liking to wake up before 6am! And if you try to make him go back to bed he screams and cries…and then I have to ask myself (since Mally and Max share a room) do I want two kids awake before 6am? And I usually answer no, and get him up. Mally doesn’t hear him cry [and he cries loud] but she can hear the train that is about 2 miles away! Makes no sense to me! : )
He has a hot little temper too. If something frustrates him he gets angry and won’t have anything to do with that toy/item that is making him mad. He waves both arms around and hunches down and cries.
Then he has complete opposite moments and he will giggle and giggle and giggle until he can’t giggle anymore. And he will be so chatty and happy and you just want to eat him up.
Loves to sneak in the bathroom and play. I swear he has a little radar that tells him when one of us forgot to shut the door. Saturday night we gave them both baths downstairs and we bring them upstairs and Max had made a beeline for the bathroom and before I got to him, he had stuck his fresh clean hands into the toilet!!
We are getting him to pick up toys at night before bed. We can hand him a toy and tell him to go put it in the toy box and he will crawl it over and throw it in… literally throw it too.
He has a few split seconds were he will stand on his own. We caught it on film!
He points at everything! He is really getting good at letting me know what he wants. The other night he followed me into the kitchen and sat on the floor and pointed to the cupboard where his cups are kept and attempted saying “milk”.
He still eats like he may never get another meal. He by far eats more then Mallory! He is one hungry little man!
He has gravitated to the cars. We have a few cars around here and he will take them into the kitchen and “mmmm” them around on the hard floor.
I can’t believe a year has gone by, but then again I can’t really remember life without him.
Isn’t it amazing how much they grow and change in one year?!
No comments:
Post a Comment