Sunday, February 12, 2012

Early Valentines

I celebrated Valentines a week early because it is going to be a wild week during actual Valentines.  For some reason this year I went all out.  Pink, Red, Hearts… couldn’t get enough of them.

The night before I was home alone with the kids and I waited and waited for Mally to fall asleep.  I didn’t want to risk her coming out and seeing me prepping.  45 minutes has gone by and she is still in there reading away so I thought I would sneak downstairs and at least bring my stuff up.  Well she heard me in the closet downstairs and I hear little feet pattering upstairs and her going Momma?  Momma? 

I come up and she says… I heard a funny noise.  It sounds like shhcrrrshh.

She heard me slide the closet door.  So I told her it was just me and sent her back to bed and she was sleeping in no time.

I set up my Valentine table and made heart pancakes so that in the morning I just had to pop them in the toaster to heat up quick and feed hungry kids.

IMG_0477-4

Got those adorable dress-up shoes on clearance at Walmart for $2!

IMG_0472-3

Mally and I made the paper mailboxes the night before.

IMG_0480-5

Had to have heart marshmallows!  Mally loves marshmallows.

I was so excited for Mally to wake up and see the special valentines table.  Back fired!  She woke up at like 5 something crying!  She ended up in my bed and it took forever to get her back to sleep.  Then she slept until 7:30 and woke up and I wasn’t in bed with her and she freaked and cried.  So she woke up crying again!

I go get her and bring her out and she is all out of sorts and sees the table and stares at it, but doesn’t say anything.  After she finally packed away her grumpy eyes and put on her happy eyes she was excited and went to explore what was in her mailbox.

IMG_0482-2

Then Max woke up and he saw my table and started squealing! He spotted the balloons and wanted to bat at them!

IMG_0483-3

Heart pancakes!

IMG_0490-5

I also put together valentine cards this year.

IMG_0487-4

Here is a closer look at Mally’s card.

IMG_0464-2

It was a very fun morning and then we had to book it to get ready before Mrs. Carolyn showed up and I had to go to work.

4 comments:

The Thomas Family said...

Super cute and fun ideas Lynn! You are such a creative mommy - your kiddos are going to have such great memories of all the special things you do :)

LisaS said...

you get the best mom ever award!!!! wish i would been invited for breakfast.. i like marshmellos too!! ;-)

L

Connie said...

My favorite is the heart pancakes. You are a very special mommy

Katie said...

You knocked it way out of the park this time friend! The creativity was just oozing out of you. Great job:)