The day before March and we finally got a snow day. We even shut down the business for the day – so I could just focus on the kids all day. Which was much needed. Mally was up at 6:20 with the start of a cold. Max slept a bit longer but he is working on some top teeth, and has a bad case of I-just-need-my-mommy.
Our morning was very unproductive. Max went down early for his morning nap and Mally took full advantage of being sick and requested lots of juice and shows to watch.
After lunch I thought – I need to burn off some energy in these kids or they will never take an afternoon nap. I decided to pack them up and take them for a sled ride.
They both really liked it. And my heart was pounding when we got back. I needed that trudge in that wet heavy snow pulling kids!
I decided that since Mally was keeping entertained with Maggie, and Max was content just sitting in the sled watching Mally and Maggie - I would shovel the sidewalk. OMG! It was the heaviest wettest snow ever! But it was good ab workout.
Max did attempt to crawl away – but it ended up in a side face plant into a puddle. His snow suit is a little snug so he doesn’t have a lot of wiggle room to move. And he leaned over to crawl out and tipped right into a puddle.
I went to put the shovel away and came back to these two laying side by side.
Our snow day ended with this chili. I added two gloves of garlic and used Bush’s mild chili beans.
No comments:
Post a Comment