Thursday, February 02, 2012

Maxwell–9 Months

What is little Max been up to this past month?  Oh lots! 

IMG_0346

He is not crawling – but he has figured out standing and he loves to stand now!  If you go to sit him down he locks his legs and stands.  If you lean him back to try to get him to sit, his legs stay locked and he won’t sit.

IMG_0348

I’ve recently put him against furniture and let him stand by himself and he can stay there for a bit before he forgets about balance and lands on his butt.

IMG_0349

He loves to steal Mallory’s blanket.  He will spot it, squeal, and reach and reach and grab and grab until he gets it then he pulls it right to his face.  Plants his face in it and bites her blanket along with this little squeal giggle!  It never gets old for him!  Then when he is done biting it he pushes it away… waits a second… then lunges for it again and the process starts again! 

IMG_0350

He is so over baby food or anything pureed!  He wants real food!  He wants to chew!  Now, he only has two little bottom teeth – but he eats like he has a mouth full.  He eats anything and everything he can gets his hands on!  This morning I was feeding him baby oatmeal and Mally was eating cheerios.  Well he kept humming and eyeballing her bowl and was on the verge of meltdown every time I gave him a bite of oatmeal.  So I stole a couple soggy cheerios from Mally and he yummed and did happy chants!  Then his oatmeal was gone and Mally was done sharing her cereal so I tossed him a few cheerios from the box thinking… they are kind of hard but we will see how/what he does.  The first one he crunched and he let out a whimper like it kind of hurt then lunged at his tray for the next one!  He even begged for a second handful of cheerios.

IMG_0351

He has noticed Maggie (the dog) and gets real excited when Maggie makes an appearance.  And if Maggie gets close enough he will lunge at her and get a handful of fur and squeal with glee!

IMG_0354

He also loves to sit at the baby gate and bang on it and yell at Maggie who is on the other side.  Maggie is great entertainment sometimes when I am trying to get the dishes done… plop Max in front of the gate and let him harass Maggie! 

IMG_0358

The neighbors sent me home with a baby walker a very long time ago after she watched the kids for me one day.  Well I got it back out since Max loves to stand and is starting to take interest in walking while holding onto our fingers.  He really likes it and pushes himself backwards all over the place.  Hasn’t figured out forward yet.

IMG_0367

He isn’t crawling yet – but he doesn’t stay in the same spot I put him.  He rolls around and pushes himself backwards.  Or he sits on his butt and lunges forward which after awhile scooches him a bit.

IMG_0369

He is my explorer!  Anything new he will inspect it, bang it, chew on it.  He loves a good challenge too… putting toys in hard to get out of places where he has to try to get it.

IMG_0371

He is a repeater!  He will go “ah” and I will go “ah” back.  I will go “ah” really loud and he will “ah” really loud.  If I say “Max whisper” and be really quiet and he will be really quiet and make a noise that kind of sounds like “sp sp sp”.  And I think he knows that the bathroom echoes a bit because whenever I carry him into the bathroom he goes “ah”.

IMG_0373

I started carrying him into stores and letting him ride like a big kid in the shopping cart.  Oh!  Huge fan!  He loves to sit in there and bang around and holler.

IMG_0376

There are moments that I realize I have a boy.  Like the other afternoon I came in for lunch and he was by the heat register and he started putting things inside my heat register!  I was sitting right by him and looked away for a moment and then the next thing I know there is an object in the register!  MAXWELL!!  And it took me forever to get it back out!  Then he started taking the register apart!  There is an end cap that he noticed and he started pulling on it!

IMG_0377

He has been doing so great a night (knock on wood).  He goes to bed at 7:30 and gets up around 7 or 7:30.  He does not wake up in the middle of the night.  Not even for a nuk!  Which is so nice because Mally woke up a lot for a nuk!

IMG_0378

I am such a pusher for routines and nap times and sleeping in their own beds that it sometimes back fires on me.  Like he won’t fall asleep in my arms if we are somewhere.  He wiggles and grunts and will be extremely tired and just can’t let himself fall asleep.  Sometimes we just take him to the truck and let him sleep in his carseat – which he likes as well as long as the radio is playing and the truck is running.

IMG_0379

He is finally over his lactose intolerance!!  He has been eating cheese and I’ve been drinking milk and we have had no problems.

Mallory at 9 months.

2 comments:

Connie said...

Such a cute little Maxwell and look he has pants on and so does Mally. :) No socks but pants, I always think my grandchildren do not wear clothes at home.

Lynn said...

This made me laugh out loud!! The only reason Max has pants on is because we were going to a puppet show that night! And I couldn't put socks on him until we are walking out the door otherwise he rips them off! Mally usually has clothes on - can't guarantee they match or that they are not pajamas - but she is usually dressed. No socks for her either. She rips them off too.