Mally is starting to give up her naps. *scream* I know! Anyway, yesterday she took an awesome nap even woke up to go the bathroom and then went right back to bed to finish her nap. Impressive! Well today – not so wonderful!
I lay her in bed and read a story while Maxwell stays in the living room and cries for me. He took a long morning nap so he wasn’t ready for his afternoon nap.
Finish her story and tell her she needs to rest in here and read books until I come get her. Thinking she will fall asleep if I hold out long enough.
I come out to the living room and Max is still crying – I scoop him up and he buries his head into my shoulder. He looks exhausted and wants to snuggle. I grab his blanket and nuk and rock him in the rocker and he just lays on me and doesn’t move. He is my snuggler! We snuggle listening to Mally read her books in her bed. Every once in awhile Max will lift up his head and look for her but then lays back down.
His eyes are getting really heavy! I’m waiting for Mally to get quiet thinking she fell asleep and then I can put Max down without her waking him up. She stops reading! I sneak in there to find her sitting in her bed just waiting for me. Ugh!
I walk in and she is saying “good morning momma!” Shhhh!
I put Max in bed. Snuggle Mally back in her bed and tell her rest isn’t over yet – I’ll come get her in a bit. She is not impressed, to put it nicely.
I am two hours behind on a pump (nursing mom’s know what I mean) so I sneak away to my room and close the door. Pretty soon I hear little feet running out in the hallway and squeals of glee! Oh that girl! She escaped and I can’t do a darn thing about it right now!
It got quiet again so I figured she went back to bed like a good little girl would… yeah right. Or she is sitting out in the living room waiting for me. She knows I’m in my room – she saw me go in there.
My door slowly opens up and it is Mally with a tube of chapstick in her hands and chapstick all over mouth with her Jesse-Frey-Grin saying… Momma? Can I put this away in here? I am literally biting my lips to keep them from smiling at her. She puts it on my dresser and comes over by me and says… I got chap! I tell her Mally, you need to go back to your room until I come get you. She says, okay mom. Starts to leave and comes back to kiss me with those lips so covered in chapstick and runs to her room.
Where she found that chapstick I will never know.
When I am done with my little session and she is still running all over her room and standing at Max’s crib… who is now WIDE awake.
I love nap time! And maybe 1% of the time do I take a nap with them… I just like that little time of silence and be still and catch up on a few things. Like telling you guys this story. : )
But for real – going to sweep the floor and finish the laundry…
Oh and this is what is for supper tonight… Slow Roasted BLTs
My tomatoes are roasting right now and it smells fantastic in here!! We had these a couple weeks ago and they were a huge hit. Granted I’m a BLT lover and could eat them all the time – oh wait I do! : )
I’m delaying on my sweeping and laundry… sorry… I get distracted easily when it comes to laundry… I think I have already cycled the dryer about 3x today on the same load. I can’t fold cold clothes they have to be warm. It is a disorder my Mom passed down to me. : )
2 comments:
Blaming me for another distraction...... how rude! Good thing I've gotten your father to do laundry now and he also has to fluff before folding.
Holy Moley those sandwiches are on the menu for next week. I'm seriously drooling over here. Yummy Yum Yum.
Post a Comment