Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Apple Picking

IMG_1273

There is a house at the end of our street and every year (since we moved here) I watch their apples go to waste.  It hurts me.  I want to go rescue the apples – but I didn’t know the people.  Jesse is on city council and came home one night and said that The Apple Guy was also on city council!  I told him, you ask him if we can rescue his apples! 

Well he said yes!!  This week we went to get them!

IMG_1274

Melanie loved them!!  One in each hand of course!

IMG_1277

She would take a few bites, toss them back in the bucket and grab a new one.  So many apples have bite marks!

IMG_1279

Mallory ate a ton of apples too!

IMG_1280

Turns out The Apple Guy is a single dad with 4 girls!  Two of his girls are elementary age and the older two are all graduated and into careers.  But his elementary aged girls hit it off with my kids and they ran and played tag and swung on their swings.

IMG_1283

Then The Apple Guy told us he was ripping out his apple trees this fall!!  Oh that hurts me!  He has beautiful trees! 

IMG_1285

Yes!  My girls constantly had apples in their mouths!

IMG_1287

IMG_1288IMG_1289

We came home and Jesse and I got a batch of apple sauce all canned up!!  And we haven’t even put a dent into the pails of apples.  More steaming apples is in our future!! 

No comments: