Jesse reminded me of this story the other night and it is a good one… so I thought I would share it.
First I need to tell you that what she is talking about, fat head, is those giant poster stickers that you can get for your kids. They can be pictures of themselves playing baseball. They can be huge stickers of famous athletes and now they make them of cartoon characters.
Mallory is sitting at the counter eating a snack. I’m working in the kitchen doing who knows what.
Mallory: Mom, I saw on the TV the other night a little girl and she said ‘I love my fat head’.
Me: Oh yeah.
Mallory: Yeah. Then she said ‘When I look at my fat head I feel like a princess’.
Me: *trying extremely hard not to laugh – but I’m dying inside.* Oh that is kind of silly.
Mallory: Then she says “Thank you Mom for my fat head”.
She was so confused by all of this and I could see it in her face that she didn’t really understand why this girl was so excited about “her fat head”.
I explained to her that “fat head” was what the picture was called on the little girls wall.
She still had that confused look. The look of why would anyone call that a fat head.
No comments:
Post a Comment