Monday, June 17, 2013

Week 5 & Week 6

Alright – because of the requests for updates… I’m going out of order and showing you house pictures.  There has been other exciting things like Mallory turned 4!!!!  We have a summer visitor living with us!!!!  The kids and I took a trip to St. Louis!!!  But no!  Y’all are worried about the progress on the house.  And I’m sure some of you are not even reading this – you went and looked at the pictures first and to you I say… I would do the same thing!  : )

We’ll catch up on that other stuff later in the week – or in a few weeks.  Possible after the house is done.  : )  My blinders are on and I can’t get past getting my house back in shape.  And it is going to be a lot of work on my part real soon to move us back in and get everything back in shape & clean!  Oh clean! 

Week 5:

IMG_20130612_110540 (2)

Walls mudded, textured, primed and ceilings painted!

It took a real long time (longer time then scheduled/planned) to mud and texture the walls.  It was so rainy that it wasn’t drying.  Fans and heaters were doing the best they could.  We had disconnected our furnace – so we couldn’t keep the house warm for them. 

The end of week 5 the painter came – but I had been in St. Louis so I don’t have pictures of that.  Also the end of Week 5 – our AC Unit was put in and all the heaters were put in (by Jesse’s brother) and Jesse installed 3 speakers. 

Week 6:

IMG_20130617_174905 (2)

Cabinets are starting to be installed today!!!! 

The island is not in the right spot.  They have it laid out in the right shape – but not in the right spot. 

PhotoGrid_1371523567184 (2)

After work tonight I ran into the house to check it all out and I just spun in circles and stood and gazed for literally 20 minutes.  I opened every single door and stood where my cooking range goes and wiggled around to see if I had enough space.  Stood at the sink and looked out the window.  I just can not wait!  Absence makes the heart grow fonder… and I tell you what!  That saying isn’t just for your loved one – it goes for your kitchen/house!  : )

No comments: